Do you think that there is a too young age for u18's to be put in the reserve squad?

One example, which i was thinking about. Might 16 years old be too young for a player to be in the reserve team? what do you think of this. Maybe they might be more suceptible to an injury as they might need another year to train and play in some younger matches?

Also. something completely different if anyone can answer for me. The appearance coloumn. Does this only increase in league games and not friendlies. Maybe silly question, though now ive asked it :p.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. If people can answer these 2 questions for me would really appreaciate this. Now im gonna try and beat Sheffield Wednesday with my Man Utd res team. tried 2 times already. Got beat 3/4-0 1st time. either 3 or 4, bad bad result :(, lol. Then tried again, 2-1 to them. So 3rd time lucky. I create 2 saves incase 1 has an error i have backup plus i make a motd save, before game save that is. I honestly dont know how long it will take for me to get through season 1. Ive played 2 friendlies with main squad, now on 1st friendly with reserve. This game is fantastic though. Ok, nuff of this waffling ;)

Bb, ty

In-game no, I don't think there is. They may play rubbish though which hurts things like their form and morale but to me more games always outweighs that drawback.

In real life it is often true - 16-year-olds are generally too young for Reserves football as they lack the physicality. It's something SI should take a look at for a future iteration.

i think that when the value of a player is quite significant then it might be ok to include them into the reserves. I think that at 16, not to use them to much in games as their strength and aerobic stuff needs increasing. Just ease them in i guess. I think the main thing is to try and get their value up as steadily as poss ;). I am the OP on this so thanks for the replies guys. I am fairly happy with this topic now. thanks again

What i have just written. I just thought about now and so i think that i am ok with this now. Bb all :)

Irl I think it is all related to physical strenght. I believe a 16 year old can have enough technique and pace to be able to play with reserves but if it is a small guy without enough muscles and weight he will be pushed around. I think for FM strenght should be also the key factor for this decision, on the other hand I dont know how FM deals with the difference of reserve matches and youth matches. Do they matter from player point of view? I do not know, and I bet nobody knows except SI developers.

Dittoing the if you are good enough, you are old enough statement.

Second season at Arsenal and I found a peach of a regen. Cost me 15 mil at 15 years old (from Dortmund, so no rivalry there), and has a place on my bench (ahead of better players admittedly) just so I can see how well he can do...

He's come off the bench twice, once at half time, once after 51 minutes.

He set up a goal on his debut (it was 1-1 at the time) with a peach of a pass, then in the 80-oddth minute of his second game actually scored the winner in a tight 1-0 away game in Blackburn.

If I didn't feel he was old enough at 15 years and 51 days, we'd be two points short. If I hadn't played him the week before, we might have even ended that game at 1-1 rather than going on to win 4-1. Sure he made a few mistakes, and I can see a lot of work will be needed to actually get him a place in the first team on merit, but he's certainly old enough to be given the odd chance.

The fact he's 6'4 at 15 years old doesn't hurt.

Frankly, I think of reserve games (except Spanish B teams on all leagues) as friendlies so I don't manage them, but I will put my more promising youths as available for reserves if I can, matches help, and my ass man doesn't usually burn out the young fellows. But if they are on a professional contract I prefer to loan players out to clubs that will play them, better experience IMNVHO.

Archived