Does Anyone Know How to do a Clean Uninstall on Steam?

Or at least reset the skin cache?

I used task manager to exit a not responsive FM2010 while I was uploading an edited skin and now when I start the game I get the splash and loading screens and then a black screen.

Or at least reset preferences using the command prompt? Im not sure this works with Steam?

Right-click the game and Delete Local Content. If you downloaded through Steam you should have the ability to re-download whenever you want, so just go right ahead and it will install again. Remember to keep your saves safe, "just in case".

Right-click the game and Delete Local Content. If you downloaded through Steam you should have the ability to re-download whenever you want, so just go right ahead and it will install again. Remember to keep your saves safe, "just in case".

I did that but I still get the black screen. It didnt re-download the default skins apparantly or reset the skins cache. With the disk you could delete the registry files along with the game and start anew. Where are the registry files for Steam?

You could try right-clicking FM, going into Properties and doing a "Verify Local Content", that might clear up the issue. Best not to fiddle with the registry, registry files are kept with the rest of Windows' registry files, there's crossover, and attempting to do anything with them risks totally screwing up Windows itself.

You could try right-clicking FM, going into Properties and doing a "Verify Local Content", that might clear up the issue. Best not to fiddle with the registry, registry files are kept with the rest of Windows' registry files, there's crossover, and attempting to do anything with them risks totally screwing up Windows itself.

I dont see this option on Steam. There is a verify integrity of game cache which I have tried and a delete local content; but no verify local content. :confused:

Usually when you uninstall anything using the regular add/remove programs in windows, it always leave a few registry items as well as odds n ends in the program directory.

This utility is great for doing clean uninstalls. I use it all the time:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

If the backup fails this is my next option. Thank you. :thup:

I am officially worried.

Ive deleted and downloaded the game from Steam twice.

Ive activated my backup.

I cant get the game to advance past the splash screen.

This morning I edited a base skin I edited the base dark skin I dled from the skins forum to change the white lettering to yellow. I then clicked finish in the preferences window. I also have the skin cache box checked. After about two hours of waiting, and noticing that the game was only about 1% active in the Task Manager and that I couldnt stop the upload or quit the game, I closed the game in my Task Manager. I am sure I screwed something up, but is there no way to reset the preferences?

Ive run out of ideas.

Archived