arsenal struggling/arsenal success??

in my own arsenal save i finished the season winning the lge and fa cup and runner up to chelsea in the champs lge playing a 4-2-4 formation like one commonly used in fm world,signin iaquinta and de ceglie from juve and bringing through youth aplenty. however in my link up game with ma mate(who is the server) we r in feb and im on verge of sack in 10th place using same saved tactics and same signings?? cant beat beat any of the top 4. anyone know why?

SI were probably trying to correct for the Arsenal dominance in FM09. In my save as Man City, Arsenal made the big four in the 1st season but might not even make the top 7 in the second season. I'm assuming this is because Arsenal, last year, underperformed by the fans standards and barely made the CL qualification. Thus, SI lowered their dominance. This year, they are pushing for the title and because of last year's result, their dominance has suffered.

On my network game, I struggled with Arsenal all year and barely scraped 5th, now in my second season I'm tearing through the opposition. It helps that I'm only in the UEFA Cup so resting players aplenty, but it's really turned around, it seems that a good run can really get your players' morale up which just prolongs the run, especially with Arsenal.

Archived