Love the game, but hate my teams.

I don't know what is up with this FM2010.

I love it so much and am hugely addicted to it.

However no matter who I manage, I end up muffing something up and my side ends up hating me and losing every game.

With Newcastle, I was doing brilliantly, until a few bad team talks and an angry fit after a loss, led everyone to be disillusioned with me. Could never get the team to play well after that, no matter what tactic I played.

I then went on to a struggling Marseille. I did manage to win the Europa League, bit in the French League, I would constantly get hammerred away from home.

What is weird is that even though I was absolutely poor with Marseille, I was still in the top 3 with every other side basically facing the same issue as me.

Funny enough, with Newcastle I was better away than at home.

Now I play a balanced formation, counter attacking/defensive away from home, and I would still conceed 4 to 6 goals away with Marseille. Incredible.

I did have a defence a little on the slow side, but my defensive mids, play makers, ball winners and attackers were world class.

It seemed there have been only 3 constants while I have been managing in my career over 4 seasons.

1. Players inevitably hate me

2. Extreemly inconsistent performances and outrageously stupid score lines like 6-3 5-2 losses vs EVERY team away from home in the league. In Europe my sides always seem to play well.

3. Even if i have very quick defenders, I will always get cracked wide open again and again with through balls - It well may be my tactics here, but I don't know how to stop it, even after reading the tactics forum.

Makes no sense really.

No it's not my tactics... (lol)

Every club I manage seem to go on wonderful runs, then become absoulte turds the next game.

Anyone else experience these strange inconsistencies?

Yep.

I'm half way through my third season with Aberdeen, finished 3rd after only losing 4 out of the last 31 games in 09/10. In 10/11 I started with 4 straight wins, was 2nd after 11 games, then played like crap for the rest of the year and finished 6th. Currently in 9th place at the start of November 2011.

The squad harmony, which had been really good, is eroding rapidly, and the underlying problem appeared to be that there was too much competition for central midfield places. I've tried to remedy the problem by selling a player, but it seems every week a different player is complaining about the lack of harmony. It's funny because there aren't any players that dislike each other, and the form isn't terrible at the moment. We're not getting great results in the league, but we did just make it through to the League Cup Semi Finals via a shootout win over Hearts.

It could actually be my tactics, but the team plays fairly consistently. It's just the results that aren't there if that makes sense.

actually it could be your tactics.

The game AI is actually smart enough to understand what your team does and will impose tactics to defend your tactics. Most of the time, if you have an attacking style of play, the AI will pick up on it, sit back and impose a counter style waiting for you to get frustrated and send 7 or 8 guys forward

Doesn't explain why I conceed 6 goals, with 1 striker scoring 4-5 of them when I am the one playing counter attacking.

Also these terrible runs start right on the back of a loss.

I would wish that SI would help us have a game where professional/determined type players would keep the side united and happy.

Usually dressing room problems are 1 or 2 players and it should be remedied with some more sanctions/team talks etc.

You should play a lot more cautious I think. Pack the midfield, that seems to be the best solution - keep the teamtalks to a "wish luck" and only bring out the " for the fans" at the most important times. I got the Semifinal of the EURO -cup with Celtic in my first season, and this with Mcmanus, Brown, Caldwell and Loovens taking turns getting sent off every bloody game on an average basis. 4 - 3 - 2- 1 is a brilliant formation.

I play 4-1-2-1-2 all central.

I just won 3-1 away in a huge game and 0-0 with Udinese at home. Played wondefully.

I did adopt, as you said a very rigid, deep defensive line style counter/defensive formation.

I used to try play control away...not working.

with 20-25 min to go, i play it safe and put on an extra anchor man.

My Marseille have surged to 2nd spot, with a game in hand and I can get first place now. Still early in the season however.

Im slowly growing to like my team.

Archived