July 25 super slow

Hi,

I've passed through July 25 a few times in the game and I've noticed that only on this particular date the transition to the next turn is extremely slow. Usually I wait about 30 seconds but on this day, and only this day, it takes up to 10 minutes (maybe more, I've not timed it really). I thought it was freezing or something but no, it's really doing something (or trying to) and finally returns the game screen after a long wait.

Anyone else experienced this? I've only played South American leagues so far and last time this problem happened to me was with the Peru league.

Cheers,

Ivan

I'm actually running a small database and only one league (more precisely 5 leagues from one country). could it be that it is not only generating stuff for my league but also international competitions and things like that? it would make sense that it gets slow on that date but i'm surprised i'm the only one for which the effect is extreme. anyone using Vista has the same problem?

Here's how you can get around it:

I can't advance past the 25th of July

This issue may effect a few users who have acquired the game via digital download - we hope to have a proper fix for this very shortly, but there is a workaround for now if you find yourself suffering with it.

Save the game on the morning of 25th July.

Close the game and restart it.

Press Continue, the game should advance as normal.

It's not down to league reset dates, as that is in mid-June for the English Leagues and only takes about half a minute at most. I think it's been confirmed as a bug.

He's already stated that he's been playing South American leagues and in this instance the Peruvian one. WHy do some people not bother reading things properly, then assume they know the answer.

I do know the answer. Maybe I didn't make my point clearly enough in my last post. I and many other people who play the English leagues experience exactly the same July 25th bug as the OP, which has already been confirmed by SI as a problem with digital downloads. The 'league reset dates/fixture lists' happen in mid-June in England, and only take half a minute, so clearly it's nothing to do with that.

He's already stated that he's been playing South American leagues and in this instance the Peruvian one. WHy do some people not bother reading things properly, then assume they know the answer.

Well I did get the game as digital download so it's possible that my problem is related to that identified bug. Next time I get to July 25 I will definitely try the trick.

It is true that I can get past that date but it really is annoying and you have to be extremely patient. My best estimate is now somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes, certainly too much for my relatively speedy CPU. In fact at first I thought I couldn't get past July 25 because it *looks* frozen; if you click on it the infamous "program does not respond" message appears. So I can see why people report this as a crash or bug even though technically it is not (because you can *eventually* continue playing).

Archived