Patch 2?

Hi all,

Do someone know when the second patch is coming??

All the time I'll get crash dumps when I'm clicking on tactics in a match !! Or have someone an explanation for this problem?

The system requirements are not the problem, 50% RAM free constantly....Weather and sound disabled.... Sometimes it goed very good but after a game/match or 3 - 5 it crash !

How is it every year possible that SI comes up with a game full of bugs and crashes, database issues etc.... I'm an engineer in a software company and we test our stuff many many many times before we bring it out to the client!.......

SI shame on you AGAIN! FM is really working after 2 or 3 patch !! It's very sad!

I hope that someone can help me with the tactic problem.

Greetz

I know what your saying mate i have never known a game to have so many problems with it and it's every year too! I know they say it's "Because it has such a complicated code" but I'm not buying that crap for one second there are plenty of other games out there that probably have the same complicated coding or even more complex, yet they work perfectly fine and if they need patcheing they get them out a lot quicker too! I think SI really need to pull there finger out and and make a game thats thoroughly tested in future cause I for one am sick of paying £30 for a game that i have to wait months to play!

The difference is that SI always release patches on a schedule - and they do this because other games don't have to update their data to mirror real life as Football Manager does. If they released patches as soon as they solved issues, you can bet that this forum would be full of people whinging that the latest patch hadn't moved a player to a new club in the Conference South that happened yesterday, because it happens enough already. Either way, the first patch always comes out on or soon after game release, the second one before Christmas to catch up with all the events that happened before the January transfer window, and the third patch comes out after the January transfer window.

How do you know that? So I Can't play untill Xmas! VERY NICE SI !!!

I know this because Miles Jacobson said in one of his fm2009 blogs that there would be 3 patches this year. The first one would be on release day, the second before christmas and finally a third just after the January transfer window closes.

I know this because Miles Jacobson said in one of his fm2009 blogs that there would be 3 patches this year. The first one would be on release day, the second before christmas and finally a third just after the January transfer window closes.

That's the way it's been since at least FM07, and probably several versions earlier.

• Administrators

Then you'll just moan there's a 3rd patch to come, and that's ages away too.

Get a grip... its perfectly playable out of the box, and if you can't wait, try something else for the time being. Why not FM Live? :)

Most crashes are caused by an issue on the computer - driver incompatibility, DirectX, Java not updated.

Other suggestions are to try running in windowed mode. If you're still struggling then the tech forum will give you a good shot at getting up and running.

Cheers

Matt

Archived