Spend a little transfer money or keep it?

I am having a hard time making a decision.

I am currently playing FM2009 with the 9.3.0 patch.

My dilemma is, I have 2 GK. Victor Valdes is obviously my starter and Juan Manuel Pinto is my backup. Is it worth it to sign a 3rd GK or should I just keep 2, keeping in mind that I don't have any youth/Reserve team GK that could rise up to the challenge should both get hurt.

I don't want to spend transfer/wage money unnecessarily (Even though I have an $88 million transfer budget & a $2.7 million wage budget with about $200K/week available) and then risk the player not being happy due to lack of first team action.

Also, should I sign a player at right back? I have Carles Puyol, who I usually play at center back, but can play on the right side as well and I have plenty of good cover at center back.

I am not looking to strengthen the squad as I have a very strong squad already, just looking to see if I need to sign some extra players as cover.

If I were you I'd spend some money on a couple younger players who aren't looking for 1st team football right away.

I'm of the belief that if you have money you should spend it, only for the fact that I find it fun to buy players & see how they turn out. FM money seems to burn a hole in my wallet.

If I were you I'd spend some money on a couple younger players who aren't looking for 1st team football right away.

I'm of the belief that if you have money you should spend it, only for the fact that I find it fun to buy players & see how they turn out. FM money seems to burn a hole in my wallet.

Never thought about buying younger players...I just might do that.

Depends how much is little? I generally like to keep some cash back for January in case i need to get an emergency signing in. I'd certainly get a young player in as RB cover, Puyol would be good to tutor him aswell. Regarding your keepers, i'd leave as is. Just set your 2nd choice as available for reserves whilst he is sat on your bench.

Depends how much is little? I generally like to keep some cash back for January in case i need to get an emergency signing in. I'd certainly get a young player in as RB cover, Puyol would be good to tutor him aswell. Regarding your keepers, i'd leave as is.

Another good piece of advice.

Spend Spend Spend. :thup:

FM money is there to be spent!

While I would tend to agree with that statement, how would I spend it? I signed Giorgio Chiellini and Sebastian Giovinco from Juventus for $58 mil in my first season..and they have paid dividends. Played really well in towards the end of the season (Got them in the January transfer window).

Spending $88 mil in transfer money sure isn't easy when you have a strong squad :D

Found a decent RB, but unfortunately I can't transfer him due to being injured (Out 5 weeks to 2 months). I assume there is no way to transfer an injured player, as he will fail medical all the time?

Oh well back to searching :D

Archived