Player Ineligible

DB11

I made a loan signing of a goalkeeper, because I only have one, but it says he's ineligible to play. At first, I thought it was because it was a cup game but he's now not eligible for the league either.

I can only think that it's because all of my 25 shirts are out and so he isn't registered, but then what's the point if I can't assign him a squad number in place of one? I need a goalkeeper in case my first team one gets injured.

Can anyone explain this to me? :confused:

I made a loan signing of a goalkeeper, because I only have one, but it says he's ineligible to play. At first, I thought it was because it was a cup game but he's now not eligible for the league either.

I can only think that it's because all of my 25 shirts are out and so he isn't registered, but then what's the point if I can't assign him a squad number in place of one? I need a goalkeeper in case my first team one gets injured.

Can anyone explain this to me? :confused:

Usually, a league/Competition will ask you to register players. This happens usually before the season and before a major competition (Such as the European Champions Cup (aka Champions League).

Besides the above, they will also ask you if you would like to register players for the league about midway (Or maybe before, don't recall) through the season, though this depends on the league you are playing.

I've had this happen to me when I signed 2 new players and they were transferred in the January window. They were not eligible due to not being registered and I had to wait for the registration window to open to get them in my squad.

But let's say my main GK gets injured, I'm left with an U18 to go in goal. I thought emergency loans etc. were in place?

Oh..sorry...missed your point :)

I am still on FM2009 so I am not sure, haven't seen this problem on this particular version.

Archived