National Team Management

Anyone finding it extremely hard to get a job, even at tiny nations?

I've applied for every national job that has become available, from Algeria to Brazil but got none. I am currently managing in League 2, having promoted my team from the Blue Square North. I did not expect to get any top jobs but thought I may have a chance at Algeria, ranked in the 100s. I have got a regional reputation, just wondering what factors there are for choosing coaches, is it only your reputation?

I'm not surprised, really unless you're of the nationality of a very small team there is almost certainly a better known more qualified manager than someone in the 4th tier of English football. A job like Algeria means managing a team in top quarter of african football expected to push for world cup qualification and featuring players from the top leagues of England, France and Germany especially. A league 2 manager just is not qualified for this so its not a surprise you get nothing. Say you had set your nationality to Guyanan you may well be the best man for the job.

Anyone finding it extremely hard to get a job, even at tiny nations?

QUOTE]

If you want a job with a small nation then the Scotland job is now available now that the SFA have seen the light and got rid of that idiot George Burley.:D Seriously though have you considered starting a new game and jumping straight in as an international manager. I used to do this with FM2009.[/

I always start as Kazakhstan, and then go to England when I get bored of waiting 90 days between games!

I think the wait between games is the one big problem with managing an International team. You could also I believe take control of a club side as well as the International team at the same time. This should help with the boredom of waiting for the next game.

Archived