Team not moving into AFC Champions League

I've been running the Pakistani League (modified, so its more like a superleague). For the past three seasons, a Pakistani team has won the AFC Presidents Cup. The country itself (in my game) is now ranked in the top 50. Normally, if your league standard is high enough, and your teams wins the AFC Presdients Cup, then the following season, they play in the AFC Cup, if they win that, then its onto the AFC Champions League the season following. In past FM, it has worked like that, and it is supposed to in real life, but season after season, I'm stuck with playing in this useless competition. My question is, is this a bug in the game, or is there a work around, using the editor, which can help fix this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

This is reason why leagues that only get a President's cup spot were removed from Asian challenge. It certainly used to work and it still works from winning AFC Cup getting into the champions league. Its a bit annoying that it doesn't seem to do the lower one now.

Archived