Bank Balance Sinking like the Titanic

Coming up to December in my first season at Liverpool, spent 5m including loan fees and raised about £20m with player sales, added two new feeder clubs (Merchendising sales) and got rid of most the reserves/under 18s to save on wages. Also rid of most scouts.

So why am I losing £8m a month? Fair enough about 3 million of that is paying off the debt that the stupid owners brought to the club, but 4 million of it is "non footballing costs". Is there any way to either raise more money or cut back on spending even more (like how to lower this 4m for non-football)

You have to remember, most clubs don't generate alot of their revenue until the summer where they get the prize monies and TV Money, during the season most clubs will operate at monthly losses.

What happens to me, Every month I make losses of around £5mil a month. Then as soon as the summer comes I make £60mil TV money. £2mil League Money. £xmil in transfers. £xmil in comp money.

Its actually something that i feel is more accurate this year. As CMOZZA has said, most clubs run at a loss during the season which is cancelled out during the summer with additional prize money, TV revenue and ticket sales. Im losing around £2.5-3 million a month as Newcastle during the season, but it soon gets boosted over the summer. On 09 and previous versions, it was far too easy to make money every month on top of the bumper close season pay outs resuling in the team your managing becoming very rich, very quick. Its much better (and frustrating) having to plan any transfers and look at things in the long term.

Archived