Striker's through on goal and...he runs towards the corner flag?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but more or less every time one of my strikers break through into the opposition's half and should be through on goal he suddenly decides that it would be a brilliant idea if he ran towards the corner flag, waited for someone to burst into the box and then attempt a cross.

I'm managing my beloved Blackburn atm and it's cost me a couple of games that I could obviously do with winning being a mid-table side. I've also downloaded the 10.1 patch. Anyone else had any problems with this sort of thing?

I've also just finished a match against Sheff Utd. I was 1-0 up in the 90th minute when N'Zonzi, completely free on the edge of his and my own penalty area, decided to head the ball behind for a corner. Sod's law or something fishy that Chris Morgan equalised from the resulting corner??

you sure you havent got one of the tactics that has timewasting set to high? the defensive and contain option deffo has lots of timewasting in it but you can custom it. might be the answer! when they timewaste they tend to run to the corner flag!

My players do it as well.. They run past the defenders, see the goal and decide it looks to scary to have a shot so they'll run out of the box towards the corner flag then run/cross it back in and they take a shot.

Its so annoying and Im with you on this OP

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but more or less every time one of my strikers break through into the opposition's half and should be through on goal he suddenly decides that it would be a brilliant idea if he ran towards the corner flag, waited for someone to burst into the box and then attempt a cross.

I'm managing my beloved Blackburn atm and it's cost me a couple of games that I could obviously do with winning being a mid-table side. I've also downloaded the 10.1 patch. Anyone else had any problems with this sort of thing?

I've also just finished a match against Sheff Utd. I was 1-0 up in the 90th minute when N'Zonzi, completely free on the edge of his and my own penalty area, decided to head the ball behind for a corner. Sod's law or something fishy that Chris Morgan equalised from the resulting corner??

If you have a recent example of this, please report it in the Match Engine section of the Bugs forum along with the .pkm to let the testers see it.

I don't think it's my time-wasting setting because i've got it set between rarely n sometimes. My mate's just told me he's had the same problem with Lyon. Although he still managed to win the champions league. Jammy git.

In my experience this is linked to the width setting, as soon as I became slightly narrower my team performed much better (braintree 2010/11) and didnt try to run into corners either when on the wing.

Also I didn't check target man, but changed supply to play balls for the forwards to run onto.

Couple this with a 4312 formation with all the mids/att players on through balls and even teams like Braintree can play Arsenal like footy!

My only complaint with these "it must be the time wasting option" and similar comments for other issues is... if your striker has a wide open shot to score a goal, do you really think he's going to waste time in that situation instead of taking the clear cut chance? I mean, I suppose maybe, if they're beating a stronger opponent, but if you're relatively equal and you're winning, he's gonna take the shot and try to go up another goal, not run away from the goal. Being a striker, it's his job to score. Some of the tactical have far too much influence and override common sense. Happens with defenders running away from a ball in open space instead of picking it up too.

To be honest, I think even with time-wasting set to "often" a striker through on goal should still not be darting off to the corner flag.

True, there's absolutely no need for it and I've never seen it once in my life whilst watching a match IRL. Any level of player worth his salt would try to score.

It doesn't matter whether you're a striker with a selfish poacher's instinct or a left-back who's bizarrely found himself through on goal - as soon as you realise it's just you, the posts and the whites of the 'keeper's eyes, you're not going to suddenly hear your manager's voice telling you to try and waste time and decide to take a corner flag detour. The only thing you're going to do is try and put the game to bed.

Pato is doing the same for me in my Milan save.I have him as a complete striker on support and he has crossing set to often so i thought that's why he was doing it.

You can train him to dribbling through the middle, in movement training... it worked for me :)

It is the same for myself in many games , forward in the middle of the pitch clean through , defenders at his heels , he will suddenly veer off and run with the ball toward the corner flag.

I have also noticed that every run will be to the right , I have not seen my forwards do the same yet toward the left hand flag

Davidian

Archived