Club Debt

If you have a big balance owners can decide to pay off large chunks of any debt :thup:

this is what I was hoping would be added to the game as I hadnt expierenced it in the previous versions. So say if I got Man Utds bank balance to like 300m some of this would be paid on the debt, and the debt would be reduced? is this for definate? or is it a luck of whether the owners do it or not? as in previous versions i have had 500m in the bank with like 300m to spend and no debt has ever been reduced

I have tried this but hasn't worked' date=' sold players and got in like 30m and bought players worth of 10m and it still pays the ame 148k p/m or so :([/quote']

surely it can not be too hard to include a function within the board room thing, i.e.

request payment of some debt.

or a page where you can go and select how much you want to pay of.

I wish there was an option where you could pay it off earlier. I know it is not a managers job but it would make my life easier...

definately agree you should be able to pay it off earlier. it is in a way a mangers job, cause you have to keep within budgets whilst buying players and debt effects this.

so its about time this feature was added properly into the game. im sure all mangers would love to pay off debt if they have spare cash

Yah and move into a new stadium. I've had them restructure debt once i had a big balanced in FM09. Normally its toward the end of the loan. Although I did once play as Bayern and right of the bat they had a COA or w/e its called. They not only restructured it but the bank and club came into an agreement in which the amount they had to pay was a lot less. They knocked down the principle. And it was the principle because of the kind of restructure it was (i think its a COA forgot the exact name) and it was ridiculously low so it wasn't just to get it refinanced or lower interest, they simply agreed to just pay a percentage of what was owed. Needless to say, I restarted. Otherwise I have seen them pay off the debt but I believe your income must also be constant. Like I played as Charlton in FM09, I got promoted and they money was enough to pay off the smaller debt. But I played as Portsmouth in FM09 and I wanted to pay off the debt quickly, so I bought players and sold them. The income I was making from merchandise and the stadium was not enough and I was in the red but buying and selling players gave me a ton of money and the chairman still refused to pay off the debt because he knew i suppose the club would be getting in the red anyway, although I suppose the red was due to the loan debt.

Safest thing is, make sure the club has a large balance (greater than loan amount, IE $50mil debt, with $150mil balance or something ridculous like that) and then make sure without selling players for profit you can stay in the red. And also continue to win Cups and such to bring in money.

Also I know if you have a LOTTTTTTTTTTTT and I mean billions the club puts away a few hundred millions (normally its 200mil) as a rainy day fund.

What I wish we could request is a new stadium instead of just expanding and get a report back of how much money the club needs, and other requirements to build one. That or simply ask if we can move to a new stadium or rent one. I've had clubs with tiny stadiums, have massive income, large balance, but a tiny tiny stadium while I could afford to move and my neighbors had large stadiums, the chairman couldn't expand due to the council and just wouldn't build a new one or move. Took a while like 5-8 seasons of a huge balance and no debt, and massive success for them to move. Although I've heard in FM09 it was random. I've had quick moves and other takes nearly a decade.

Archived