New Stadium but no new stadium. Grrrrr.

Ok so 2012 comes around and the new Liverpool Stadium is built Hurrah. It gets its unveilig and Im anxious to get my first home game.

My Information screen shows me I have a 70000 seater stadium but my first, second etc etc home games are at Anfield. Im 3 seasons in have a good squad and there is no way I want to start again. Ive noticed there is no stadium name in the facilities box but when I click on next match it does say game at Anfield.

Im annoyed.

If the stadium in not complete when the season's league fixtures are set (27th June) then you will continue to play in the old stadium until the next year. Fixtures of cup games are not decided so far in advance and therefore you will play cup games in the new stadium.

Unfortunately even if you cannot play in the new stadium your 'monthly' maintenance kicks in immediately (and usually your new stadium is much larger and much more costly to maintain) even though you are not benefiting from higher attendances.

It is a pretty annoying bug...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This is clearly a bug! Have you posted this on the bugs forum?

It's not a bug mate, it's what would happen in real life. If a game has a fixture to a specific ground, they won't change it. I'd assume it's the same in any sport. :)

It's not a bug mate, it's what would happen in real life. If a game has a fixture to a specific ground, they won't change it. I'd assume it's the same in any sport. :)

I had the same, my new stadium was completed in 25th June and I was still playing my PL games at Cherrywood (I was Farnborough) and all my european games/friendly/cup games were at the new stadium. Gutting I know. Post this in bugs and see what they say.

I had the same, my new stadium was completed in 25th June and I was still playing my PL games at Cherrywood (I was Farnborough) and all my european games/friendly/cup games were at the new stadium. Gutting I know. Post this in bugs and see what they say.

If you don't mind me asking, did you move into it the next season?

If you don't mind me asking, did you move into it the next season?

Once I found out I didn't go back to the save. I have just stuck it on holiday until next seasons fixture list so I can hopefully tell and establish whether or not this is a bug.

OP who started thread any news?

I've seen a similar situation before, where the Stadium is completed after the League fixtures have been created, so the League fixtures stay with the old stadium.

Do Cup games still play at Anfield or New Anfield?

Next season should be OK.

Archived