Something thats been bugging me for a while.

For me this is a minor problem to an otherwise best version of the game ever (and i have been playing since the Amiga days). When playing in key highlights it kinda annoys me to sit there whilst you or the opposition get a corner and have to wait so long for the players to gather the ball and take the corner it just seems to me to be a total waste of time (especially if you are on key highlights). Could anything be done in the new patch to speed things up here? i know the work around for this is to speed up the game using the speed bar but this seems silly as I'm constantly having to do this, which having the options constantly open means i lose the view on some of the pitch. For me this would be a major improvement (minor adjustment) to an otherwise excellent game.

The "getting of the ball and placing it" part is a weird feature. Every time the ball is "thrown over" by an invisible force, to any player, it looks weird. This is followed by dead time of like 10 seconds of the player walking over and getting the ball.

I'm guessing this is done to add a realistic feeling - but it's fundamentally unrealistic anyway! The invisible passer that knocks the ball over looks weird, and after this little session we usualy see a little "fast forward blip" where we're 10 seconds later, the ball is in place, and the players have moved around to get ready for the set piece.

I'd be glad to see a lot more dead time cut, and see the game jump straight to the set piece without watching the getting-of-the-ball-routine time and time again.

Archived