How do I try and prevent a player being sent off?

I have a winger who I spent a lot of money to buy. For the second time in a few matches, he has been sent off for two yellow cards. He has a high mark for aggression, which I assume to be the problem. At this rate he is going to be suspended more often than he will play.

Can anyone suggest any steps I can take (preferably that have been proven to work!) which will make this less likely to happen? I have already put him on the lowest tackling - I did this after his first match when he gave away a penalty, but the two sending offs have occurred since then.

Should I reduce his "closing down" score too? Would that help?

Does it have any affect if I fine him for the latest sending off?

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted. He is Argentinian, by the way!

I had the same problem with Sissoko in Juve. In two games he played, he was sent off for two yellow cards in every game. So I warned him twice. Then he played the next game and in the first minute of a game he received a red card. I fined him with 1 week wages. Didnt help, the nexet game he was sent off too. I fined him 2 week wages. And after that, its like day and night. He played in 4 games with just one yellow card.

Discipline is key. Be sure to fine everyone accordingly, as mentioned above. Also, DO NOT LET YOUR ASSISTANT MANAGER HANDLE OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS - because assmanagers have severe violent tendencies, and will most often set tackling to hard on various players, often defenders - making your strikers, with a tackling of 5, tackle them hard and get booked.

A quick note about easy/normal/hard tackling - it's just like rarely/sometimes/often, it depends on success rate. If your player is an awesome tackler, technician, and fairly fast/strong, you can safely let him tackle everyone hard, as "hard" means taking risks and going into tackles which often might seem risky. "Easy" tackling means he will still tackle to the same effect, but only when there is a certain percentage of succeeding - like somnewhere around 80%, i believe.

A quick note about easy/normal/hard tackling - it's just like rarely/sometimes/often, it depends on success rate. If your player is an awesome tackler, technician, and fairly fast/strong, you can safely let him tackle everyone hard, as "hard" means taking risks and going into tackles which often might seem risky. "Easy" tackling means he will still tackle to the same effect, but only when there is a certain percentage of succeeding - like somnewhere around 80%, i believe.

I assume though, in the problem I've outlined, that switching tackling to "rarely" (he was on "sometimes") should have helped, simply by virtue of the fact that the less he tries to tackle, the less he can make a foul?

Would I be correct in thinking that by reducing his "closing down" would also help. My assumption is that if he closes down less, he will come into less contact with opponents who he might foul. Or will it make no difference?

Archived