2 Questions (Sugar Daddy & Tackling)

I've just heard about this Sugar Daddy option... I'm just wondering, does every chairman have a sugar daddy status or only the Takeover Chairmen/Sheikhs etc?

I seen this on another forum..

Front End - They throw money at the club to spend.

Back End - They spend enough to make them a force in their current league but if they go up a level or two it would no longer apply.

Underwriter - They don't give the manager any extra transfer budget but come the end of the season they will always cover any loss the club is making and not expect the money back.

^ That is almost allowing you to set the difficulty of the game which in my opinion, cheapens the whole idea of this game.

So am i right in thinking.. Some chairman have sugar daddy status and other don’t... So chairmen who have sugar daddy status will have 1 of those attributes.. Eg. Man city/notts county will have a front end 1 but villa might only have a back end 1? I dunno but that’s what I reckon/hope as I play as Hartlepool United a lot and our chairman is definitely not a sugar daddy and it would make the game really unrealistic if he suddenly started throwing money about!

Now i recently got taken over and the new chairmen said he'd stop at nothing to make the club the best in the world but when I ask him for more money (I'd already spent my budget before he arrived) he said not until he sees a return on my current sctivity BUT he'll upgrade the training facilities.. Is he some kind of sugar daddy?

---------------------------------

Also, has anybody mastered the art of tackling? My assistant is ALWAYS saying my tackling is a joke no matter what settings I have set, I have players will good tackling related attributes aswell..

There is only three clubs in the game that have a sugar daddy chairman. These clubs are Notts Co, Man City & Chelsea. However, you can add as many as you want by altering the sugar daddy edt.

Just open it with notepad and follow the instructions in the file.

The sugar daddy edt can be found at c:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt

Im at chelsea and Abramavich doesnt pump money into the club as much as people would think

Thats probably because in the edt file he's set as an underwriter sugar daddy. Having this option means that he will not give any extra funds for transfers but he will cover any losses that the club has made over the course of the season and will not expect to get this money returned to him.

I have never understood why Shaktar doesn't have a sugar daddy. Aren't they one of europes richest clubs?

Now that you mention it perhaps Real Madrid should have one as well because aren't they financed by the Spanish government? Lets face it they must have got their money for Ronaldo, Alonso and Kaka from some seriously wealthy benifactor and I don't think their current chairman is all that wealthy.

Archived