Static League Reputation Workaround?

Do you think it would be unreasonable if we set a leagues reputation to 20, despite it originally being only 10 for example?

Unless I'm missing something I don't.

All we'd be doing is giving that league the potential to grow from it's current state. There's nothing to say it will; but it'd give teams within it the chance to improve themselves beyond the point they can at the moment.

I suppose it'd be theoritically easier to sign better players. But increasing a leagues reputation doesn't change team rep, or a teams salary budget. These things would change if the team improved its own rep.

Maybe I'm missing something - attendances, TV money?

What do you think? Is this a legitimate idea?

This is one of my issues with the game. It stops a league ever progressing past a certain point. People only have to look at the Russian league in recent times to see that league standards can dramatically improve in a given space of time, even if it is money that drives that.

I always do this for the Dutch Eredivisie and it seems to work just fine. Teams always start buying good players from the start so the league does get much stronger in a short space of time. The thing is though, the amount of tv money received by each club will always stay the same and I don't think you can edit this.

Interesting to see how it will go but i think it will be too easy for teams from the start because players will want to play in a league with a high rep and when any team wins the league their rep will rise quite quickly to match the rep of the league they won.

Do you think? Even though the clubs rep is still the same?

I see your point about club reputations growing too quickly because of the league reps.

I always do this for the Dutch Eredivisie and it seems to work just fine. Teams always start buying good players from the start so the league does get much stronger in a short space of time. The thing is though, the amount of tv money received by each club will always stay the same and I don't think you can edit this.

Hmm. OK. I didn't think they'd sign much better players right away. The TV money not changing would be a good thing IMO as I wouldn't really want the league becoming too rich, just the teams within it being able to grow more, individually.

Archived