AI's reasoning behind transfers.

Hello,

Does the AI just buy players because of their "Current Ability" or "Reputation" or do they buy players according to their key attributes?

On FM, time and time again, since the beginning of the FM series, I noticed that AI clubs always seem to spend outrageous sums of money for the most absurd player attribute wise.

They usually tend to be quick players or physical or have fantastic mental stats, yet they are usually woeful for the role they need to do.

I have seen clubs spend 10+ mil for defenders who have 10-13 for tackling,heading and marking and they were centre backs.

Nearly all these signings had high Current Abilities (150+) or had high Potential.

Even though they had high CA, it was obvious that the attributes that were given priority were not key for that role, yet the AI still goes ahead with the side.

I have seen top clubs end up being mid-table or even relegated because of this sort of activity.

How DOES it ACTUALLY WORK in FM2010?

Would be curious to know.

I feel clubs should only look at key attributes and not waste their cash on crap like they usually do.

Archived