Can a team be docked 10 points twice in a season?

Newcastle went bankrupt earlier in the season (January) and got a 10 point deduction. They received some more money and finances went back to Okay. Their money has gone down ever since and they went into Administration again 3 days ago (April). Will they be deducted another 10 points?

There is only one game to go and they are in 2nd, 2 points above 3rd. -10 points would put them 7th, unable to reach the playoffs.

Fair ... unfair?

They won't be docked more points. You can only be penalised once for going into administration.

Are you sure about that?

Seeing as how it's after the March deadline, they won't be deducted any more points this season, but should start next season on -10 points. Although if they're promoted to the Premiership, it might be -9 depending on whose rules hold jurisdiction.

IRL I suspect a club on the verge of promotion to the Premiership wouldn't go into administration as the money they'd receive from being in the top flight would sort their finances out - and most creditors would accept waiting a while to get their money rather than a paltry 1p in the pound type offer from an administrator. But I digress...

on a side note wait till they go into administration and are listed as bankrupt, offer nothing for any of there players it will be accepted and you will help them out by taking over there big wage bills! i got Smith, Barton, Ameobi, Harper, Taylor and that argentine guy. they signed deals to come at the end of the season, after they went bankrupt in March of the first season. try it honest it works and you dont have to spend at all :D

Archived