What is your regen signing policy?

I manage Marseille in France and I have really good scouts at my club.

I only sign players who are touted to become "Leading Stars" in my league.

Any 15 to 17 year old whos "good" or below I do not bother.

On occasion I sign a player with extreemly high key attributes (like shooting/heading/composure) no matter what the scout thinks.

What is your policy?

Free Agents, ahh the good times associated with lower leagues. I scout anyone who might be good, then sign the ones who come up as good for this division or higher, especially those who will be higher.

I also look overseas, buy "good" (lower leagues, remember) on the cheap and train them up. On FM08 I found a 15 year old Czech left back who was good EPL potential, got him for AUD$150000 on clauses

I look for a combination of price, potential, and ability in the right areas.

For instance, if I'm looking for a central defender, I only look for players with decent marking, positioning, jumping, etc. In my experience, if a vital ability starts too low, it will never really get high enough, no matter how much I train it.

If the player has loads of potential, I might see if he fits well in another position though, and retrain him.

Occasionally, I will buy a player regardless of his abilities though, if his he's really cheap and has good potential. In this case it's mostly for the monetary gain, and I'll sell him once he's 21 or so.

Archived