Morale

Seems to me that morale plays a major part in this game - moreso than past editions

im hoping this can be a thread for discussion on how to affect morale either positively or negatively?

im seeing some strange things with players saying ive been unfair to them when i really have no idea what im supposed to have done

if a player is unhappy for some reason how on earth are you supposed to fix it? just by winning games? by media interaction? by team talks? i have little doubt its all three however with morale playing such a maor part in the game it seems our options are limited however the chances of me ****ing off my players is extremely high.

so does anyone have some clues as to how to address player morale?

in future versions id like to see the ability to call a special team meeting or one on one player meeting because it seems SI have sought to make morale an important and realistic element which is fine - however the tools a manager needs to affect morale are lacking.

thoughts?

I believe the team meeting is in game, but only available when the team has run into a series of bad results.

And I don't think there are many ways you can do that in real life....Some teams just couldn't get a result and some players just couldn't get enough confidence. Pretty common I'd say.

I believe the team meeting is in game, but only available when the team has run into a series of bad results

really? can anyone confirm this?

And I don't think there are many ways you can do that in real life....Some teams just couldn't get a result and some players just couldn't get enough confidence. Pretty common I'd say.

in real life the manager would undoubtedly have a chat with a player who was clearly upset and talking to the media about his unhappiness

imo, to omit the ability for the FM manager to chat to a player to clear the air seems at odds with the purpose of making morale such an important element in the game

as i said - ive got a player still "Slt" after about 6 months which was caused by me 'treating him unfairly' when i have no idea what on earth it is. he starts every game nad i never give individual team talks.

interesting. ill certainly take advantage of that should it appear

however i maintain that with morale playing such an important part in the game, we need more tools to address this and impact player morale in a positive way. its far to eay to negatively impact and far too difficult to positively impact.

Yeah, I think there should be an option to talk individually with a player that has some concerns AND a way to say things NOT to the press but just to the team/player. Or what, press is kinda a "translator"?, cant I speak directly with my players?

Archived