He Hates Me

Soooooooooo... I bought Martin Galvan as a replacement for my aging "HERO" playmaker Riquelme. His debut season for my Newcastle side has been AWESOME!!. Obviously a great prospect for the future but interest in him increased. In January, Atletico Madrid enquired about him but i rejected them stating he is an important member of the first team. He then became unsettled because of that. I then noticed a couple of things in recent matches.

x6hjjc.jpg

WTF!!! Apparently he hates my guts. It has been only 6 months since he joined and those 6 months he's has been brilliant. Then this comes along. This really sucks because i wish to keep him for as long as i can. How can I resolve this??

PLUS, why does it only happen to my players?? I have declared my interest at various players and none have been unsettled but as soon as the AI does it my players become unsettled. Am i missing something here??

It happens because you're Newcastle. For instance, in my Atleti game Barca enquired about Diego Forlan. I declined for the same reasons you did, and we're in the semi-finals of the CL and 2nd in LL. However, he's still holding a grudge over not going to Barca. You have to realize that, in the end, a higher reputation team will always draw your players unless you or the club are favorites.

The only thing you can really do is offer him a new contract after a few months or a season. With time and success the other club may back off and he may realize this and sign a new contract. If it's not affecting your whole team don't worry about it.

• Administrators

I've yet to experience this in 2010, in 2009 I found that even after dominating the Premier League with Port Vale, getting them the second biggest club in the country behind Arsenal, whenever it was Real or Barca, the same would happen. Didn't happen with Arsenal as they were moneybags and I always negotiated a ridiculous fee with them.

And sometimes, it would occur for no reason.

• Administrators
To prevent a player from getting mad, don't reject inquiries- offer a ridiculously high transfer fee that will not be accepted. For example, I recently offered Fernando Amorebieta for $330mil to Villareal when they inquired.

I don't find this to have an effect, particularly with 'ambitious' players.

Though they do 'get over it'

If its a single player, then what I would do is drop the player for an extended period - sometimes for months. Reserve games can be great for boosting their morale or confidence.

Failing that, I would sell them.

To prevent a player from getting mad, don't reject inquiries- offer a ridiculously high transfer fee that will not be accepted. For example, I recently offered Fernando Amorebieta for $330mil to Villareal when they inquired.

Actually, this may still cause the player to be upset

Ive had numerous experiences where Ive increased the offer received to something a little higher (extra couple million for example), and the player has become upset

Of course its even more frustrating when the counter-offer is actually accepted, meaning the player has gotten upset for no reason

I've yet to experience this in 2010, in 2009 I found that even after dominating the Premier League with Port Vale, getting them the second biggest club in the country behind Arsenal, whenever it was Real or Barca, the same would happen. Didn't happen with Arsenal as they were moneybags and I always negotiated a ridiculous fee with them.

And sometimes, it would occur for no reason.

???? PORT VALE ?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:eek:

Soo okay, he is still unhappy after the new season has begun which has been about 6-8 months since i rejected the enquiry. I tried offering him a new contract with all the money the club has and he wont accept it. His contract is going to run out after the next season and I am hoping to hold on to him because he has been super for my team and his value keep on rising from about 3mil to about 7mil now.

it's annoying sometimes with these primadonna tendencies and how you can't trust the reaction of players on bids like these from bigger teams - no matter if you reject the bid or over-price your player, he might still be ****ed and wanting out at the end of the contract - which is 3 years away. Now you got a player with his panties in a knot for 3 years straight.

And RE: Port Vale. This has always been an LLM problem for me. When taking a low-rep club up the leagues, you're ALWAYS below the "classic" big ones, even if it's 2060 and you've won the CL the last 20 straight years with Vauxhall Motors, you can still NEVER pry a player from Barcelona's (who have been mid-table strugglers for 10 years) cold hands - unless he's too young to realise it. It's seemingly impossible to "break into" that elite when it comes to reputation, with your team reputation capping out at about the level of Everton/Villa/Spurs. The same applies to things like coach restrictions, these are really hard to make sense of if you're not really well-established.

Granted, i can't confirm that this is still the case in 2010. Besides, almost all regens are never able to reach "elite primadonna who will only play for Barca or Real or whatever" - because they'll never reach the same level as existing players in the DB, which are proven legends. This means that the collective skill (or at least ability score) of the 11 best players in the world in 2060 will not come close to the 11 best players in the world in 2010. Fair enough for everyone, though, but this theoretically means that in the future, football is a less beautiful sport.

I really got no idea what I am going to do next. Have been trying to find another playmaker to replace if he is still unhappy and wanting to move. The really uber stupid side is he gets upset over an enquiry and then when i have negotiated an offer for him, it gets rejected like WTF!! They make my player unhappy and unsettled and when I give them a price which is barely even double his value they reject it.

If I get an offer which I know is sure to unsettle my player, I'll offer him a new contract first, then as soon as he signs the contract I'll reject the offer, IF he signs before the deadline. It doesn't have to be a very lucrative one, it's just to "renew" his loyalty.

This is FM09 but I don´t think it has changed for FM10 (?)

I think it´s too easy to unsettle players. I never unsettle anyone (like once in 18 seasons on FM09) but the AI unsettles mine all the time. Even players having spent no more than 6 months at the club wants to leave. Players having been delighted to have signed five-year contracts, etc. It´s rather silly.Why would they choose my club over Barcelona in the first place, then 6 months later (come middle of June or late November, right before the transfer windows) they want to leave for the same club.

I love the feature, but it has to be tweaked down. Every other player seems to be disloyal, despite me winning the Bundesliga, the Cup and reaching the CL-final with Dortmund. They don´t want to move to a bigger club, they just want to move and then 3 months later it´s all ok, I sign them on new contracts, then a further 2 months on they want to leave again. Annoying. Silly. Should be tweaked down!

And RE: Port Vale. This has always been an LLM problem for me. When taking a low-rep club up the leagues, you're ALWAYS below the "classic" big ones, even if it's 2060 and you've won the CL the last 20 straight years with Vauxhall Motors, you can still NEVER pry a player from Barcelona's (who have been mid-table strugglers for 10 years) cold hands - unless he's too young to realise it. It's seemingly impossible to "break into" that elite when it comes to reputation, with your team reputation capping out at about the level of Everton/Villa/Spurs. The same applies to things like coach restrictions, these are really hard to make sense of if you're not really well-established.
I have a theory that a player's willingness to join you is also partially based on the reputation or the attractiveness of your club's location. It's just a hunch, but I'm basing it on a few past FM experiences, such as having trouble attracting players to Bayer Leverkusen despite four Bundesliga titles and three European Cups in five years, or players commenting that they were "looking forward to moving to a more metropolitan area" after I sold them when playing as Aston Villa (which is odd, because Birmingham is something like the second largest city in England).

In other words, despite how good your Vauxhall side is, you may still have a hard time getting players to move to Cheshire, whereas you might not have that problem if your epic from-lower-league-to-multiple-CL-winning side happened to be, say, Union Berlin or Red Star Paris or Barnet.

I could be completely wrong, though, as I haven't really tested it.

Ugh, the player that hates you. I had Darren Fletcher get mad at me when I fined him two weeks pay for his second red card of the season (what I thought a warning was for I don't know -- your wages, dummy!). Then he went and got another a month later and I fined him two weeks pay again. Only this time HALF THE TEAM WAS UPSET WITH ME for treating a fellow player harshly! Babies. OMG, I swear this torqued me off. After a few games, a few players relaxed and apologized and buried the hatchet. Some still harbor resentment. Ironically, Fletcher finally apologized, but a few other players are still upset. Not for long though since I transfer listed the five of them...along with Fletcher. Even if he's sorry, he got three cards in a season and tried to lead a mutiny. Sorry, this is MY team boys. Suppose it's fair play a guy with Fletcher in his name is leading a revolt against a stern taskmaster though. Just call me Bligh I guess lol.

Ugh, the player that hates you. I had Darren Fletcher get mad at me when I fined him two weeks pay for his second red card of the season (what I thought a warning was for I don't know -- your wages, dummy!). Then he went and got another a month later and I fined him two weeks pay again. Only this time HALF THE TEAM WAS UPSET WITH ME for treating a fellow player harshly! Babies. OMG, I swear this torqued me off. After a few games, a few players relaxed and apologized and buried the hatchet. Some still harbor resentment. Ironically, Fletcher finally apologized, but a few other players are still upset. Not for long though since I transfer listed the five of them...along with Fletcher. Even if he's sorry, he got three cards in a season and tried to lead a mutiny. Sorry, this is MY team boys. Suppose it's fair play a guy with Fletcher in his name is leading a revolt against a stern taskmaster though. Just call me Bligh I guess lol.

Depends what the reds were for. Generally i go with

2 yellows = warning

Straight red = 1 week fine

Straight red for violent conduct = 2 week fine.

If someone enquires for a player and the club enquiring is bigger than your club then offer him a new contract then reject the enquiry. If you did this with Galvan you wouldnt need to increase his wage as hes only been with you for 6 months. Also you could just not respond to the enquiry which also works.

Depends what the reds were for. Generally i go with

2 yellows = warning

Straight red = 1 week fine

Straight red for violent conduct = 2 week fine.

Didn't think of that. Will take that under consideration. I usually warn my players for the first offense of any sort, then fine 1 week for the second if it was two yellows. A straight red results in a 2 week fine. A second straight red or third offense results in a 2 week fine and anything after results in the transfer list. Also in terms of Fletcher getting miffed at me, Johnny Evans and Rafael only got warnings from me on straight reds because it was they were professional fouls. So maybe he thought I was singling him out, which I was because his reds were stupid and he had 3 of them.

I've got exactly the same problem 4 games into a new season and my star new signing apparently lacks motivation to play for me because of personal problems! I've done nothing to him and on his profile it says he wants to impress his new manager! Bizarre! And he's not exactly setting the world alight so far either with an average of 7/10.

I've got exactly the same problem 4 games into a new season and my star new signing apparently lacks motivation to play for me because of personal problems! I've done nothing to him and on his profile it says he wants to impress his new manager! Bizarre! And he's not exactly setting the world alight so far either with an average of 7/10.

Did you not call a press conference after his signing or did you anger him during the press conference (ie, say he'll just fit in or if he fails not a big deal, etc)? I hate that these press conferences can mean your signings dislike you. Unless I say he's a muppet that won't play well, why would he have an issue for me? So annoying.

Maybe he's just an over paid Prima Donna and is having a sook cause he can't watch his faourite TV show in Newcastle and the weather is bad, and his GF left him cause she can't go fashion shopping in in Newcastle and would have rathered he stayed\went to Barca.

Maybe he's just an over paid Prima Donna and is having a sook cause he can't watch his faourite TV show in Newcastle and the weather is bad, and his GF left him cause she can't go fashion shopping in in Newcastle and would have rathered he stayed\went to Barca.

Is that Goal 1 or 2? lol

I have exactly the same problem playing as arsenal- in 3 seasons i have won the league twice and came 3rd, plus won the champions league once and fa cup once- but, I have de rossi saying the same stuff, finding it hard to motivate for a manager of my standing, personal issues, etc!?? What else I am suppose to win!?? I can't win everything! Surely my standing must be pretty good having achived the above in 3 seasons..?

Is this some sort of bug...? I don't get it- I had requilime doing the same thing last season, but he seems to have stopped now, only to be replaced now by de rossi- no one has made a bid or an enquiry for de rossi-

We're on an unbeaten run since last season and some of the players are noted as to becoming complacent and think 'our recent fine form they can just turn up and win' ..has that something to do with it perhaps? Its kinda frustrating and confusing- again, like others have said on his profile it says he is enjoying playing for the club.

Some advice please! thanks-

Archived