How many promotions?

And how many seasons did it take for your 4 promotions delboy?

2 seasons to get out BSP (1st season lost on pens in play off final to oxford)

then a back to back promotion from league 2

2 seasons in league 1

2 seasons in championship

so 7 to get to premier league

then relegated last day of season but bounced back at first time of asking as championship champions! currently in pre season, have a much better budget for the premier league than I did first time round but its tough attracting players to come so doing a wenger and scouting for young potential talent!

i was really suprised i did it so quickly especially when i first went into the prem since my media prediction was bottom! i guess my philosophy of trying to build teams with the right kind of players (not necessarily the best but ones with good professionlism and high determination) is paying off!

took AFc Wimbledon from BSP to L1 before leaving for Reading in the championship, and getting them promoted to the Prem. Kept a save of the game before swithing inase I want to return and take Wimbledon further :)

Also playing AFC.

- BSP - First season mid table obscurity due to influx of new players upsetting the team

- BSP - Second season - promoted as BSP Champions - only just pipping Cambridge on last game of the season - they got revenge by beating me in the FA Trophy final

- L2 - Third season - expected to struggle but had a good start which really boosted team confidence. Came down to last game of season - had held on to third place - but no chance of catching the top two. Grimbsy were two points behind. Grimsby won and I scrapped a draw away at Aldershot. Was promoted on goal difference. Fortunately for AFC, Grimsby were the only team in the top 7 who had a worse goal difference than we did.

- L1 - Fourth season about to start. Board prediction 'struggle bravely against relegation' - and after getting my coaches perspective which informed me that my team was the worst in D1 in every area except height and age - I think I agree with them. Did get offered Tottenham and Fulham jobs but am sticking with AFC (am a season ticket Holder).

I understand that it is possible, but if you know where Hemel Hempstead is then you will also understand that it is strange that in a North/South split we would be classified as North.

Hemel Hempstead were/are in the North on my save too, but when I saw the teams in both leagues, I saw it was feasible.

Still desperately fighting off relegation from the unibond prem currently, so just 1 promotion is a long way off for me. Although I'm loving the game and once I consolidate my Unibond Premier status I'll probably completely rebuild the mostly sh*t squad I have at the moment and look towards the Blue Square leagues next season :)

Just realized that this thread is like the llama ones but more fun and without the pretentiousness

that's what i had hoped for! i tried posting on that part of the forum, but they have a some odd rules. i don't understand the whole 'thou shalt not discuss any part of your game, naming clubs, players, coaches, formations' etc. surely that is defeating the object of posting on here?

respect to anyone starting at level 10, i thought level 7 was enough of a challenge for me (and my 2 year old laptop!)

I wonder how long it'll take dafuge to reply?.... ;)

PS - I admire anyone who starts off at the bottom :thup:

Not too long ;)

Here are mine:

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists

I understand that it is possible, but if you know where Hemel Hempstead is then you will also understand that it is strange that in a North/South split we would be classified as North.

Love the username, that man's a legend :cool:

Fwiw, Hemel are actually on the boundary. For example, they are in the Southern League Premier Division, when Boreham Wood are in the Isthmian League Premier Division and they're just up the road.

It all depends on the teams that are also in the division, if all the other teams in the league are more south (southern? southerly? no idea what the word is :D) then Hemel would go up. Remember, it isn't all about how far north/south a team is, there are also eastern/western limits. And Hemel are right on the border of being on the eastern side, which is why Boreham Wood (only a few miles to the East) are in the more eastern (again, easterly? :D) division (the Isthmian).

We're right in the middle in Hemel :D

Take a look at the sides who were in the Conference South and double-check. If you still think this is strange, then you should definitely head over to the bugs forum and post it as an issue.

Regards,

C.

Archived