Go Superkeepers !!

I had it in the CL final. I had slaughtered Barcelona home and away in the group stages including a 5-0 win away.

In the CL final they managed to win 2-0 virtue of one shot on target and an own goal. Their goalie saved everything I threw at him (and I totally dominated the game). My CF got an extremely low mark so I blamed him.

I had it in the CL final. I had slaughtered Barcelona home and away in the group stages including a 5-0 win away.

In the CL final they managed to win 2-0 virtue of one shot on target and an own goal. Their goalie saved everything I threw at him (and I totally dominated the game). My CF got an extremely low mark so I blamed him.

Now you know how Bayern felt in 99...

Considering it's David James, it could actually happen in real life (then in the next match he'll pass the ball to the opposite striker once or twice...)

Anyone remember a few years ago Match of the Day ran a segment on David James being Superman in one match?

• 1 month later...

There may be no superkeepers but there is definetely a flaw somewhere.

My last 5 games as Arsenal:

1-0 loss to Everton - 22 shots 11 on target for me, 2 shots 1 on target for them - their gk MOTM

1-0 league cup loss to Sheff Wed - 17 shots 10 on target for me, 1 shot 1 on target for them - their gk has MOTM

2-1 loss to Wigan - 9 shots 6 on target for me, 1 shot 1 on target for them

2-1 win over Blackburn - 18 shots 14 on target for me, 1 shot 1 on target for them - their gk has MOTM

1-1 draw with Man City - 11 shots 4 on target for me, 4 shots 1 on target for them

Some people will say I may be bad tactically but I'm doing something right to get all these chances. They are good chances too, not 35 yard shots.

This has become so bad I gave my copy of the game away and won't be buying any more.

If the computer is going to beat me, then beat me. Don't rob me every single game.

keepers have blinders in real life too you know? remember manuel almunia's performance at old trafford in last seasons champions league semi final first leg? he made 8 truly world class saves. and there have been many other performances better than that too.

There may be no superkeepers but there is definetely a flaw somewhere.

My last 5 games as Arsenal:

1-0 loss to Everton - 22 shots 11 on target for me, 2 shots 1 on target for them - their gk MOTM

1-0 league cup loss to Sheff Wed - 17 shots 10 on target for me, 1 shot 1 on target for them - their gk has MOTM

2-1 loss to Wigan - 9 shots 6 on target for me, 1 shot 1 on target for them

2-1 win over Blackburn - 18 shots 14 on target for me, 1 shot 1 on target for them - their gk has MOTM

1-1 draw with Man City - 11 shots 4 on target for me, 4 shots 1 on target for them

Some people will say I may be bad tactically but I'm doing something right to get all these chances. They are good chances too, not 35 yard shots.

This has become so bad I gave my copy of the game away and won't be buying any more.

If the computer is going to beat me, then beat me. Don't rob me every single game.

it is also related to the quality of chances too. i have had a game against my housemate, and as arsenal i lost my opening 4 games, including eliminating me from the champions league play off stage. i threw lots of points away in draws too, but you tweak small things here and there and it fixes it. my fix was to stop my front 3 crossing to each other because they are too poor in the air to make it a productive exercise, and now we are unbeaten in 16 games.

keepers have blinders in real life too you know? remember manuel almunia's performance at old trafford in last seasons champions league semi final first leg? he made 8 truly world class saves. and there have been many other performances better than that too.

Yeah and if it was once in a while i played a game where the keeper had a stormer and saved everything i'd accept it. But 5 games in a row is taking the pi55. It's been the same for the last five FM's. They surely should have done something about it by now.

When I play as a weaker side and come up against a good side in the cup. Not once has my keeper ever played superbly and won me a lucky match. I always get beat. It's seems its reserved only for the AI to use to handicap you.

Yeah and if it was once in a while i played a game where the keeper had a stormer and saved everything i'd accept it. But 5 games in a row is taking the pi55. It's been the same for the last five FM's. They surely should have done something about it by now.

When I play as a weaker side and come up against a good side in the cup. Not once has my keeper ever played superbly and won me a lucky match. I always get beat. It's seems its reserved only for the AI to use to handicap you.

The issue lies in YOUR tactics, thats why SI have done nothing about it. Super-keepers do NOT exist. Fact. There are plenty of threads asking for advice after the latest patch on the best way to create chances and to score, if youre having trouble (which you clearly are) then I suggest you read one of them. Personally, the only problem with keepers I have found since 07 is in this year's version, where Almunia apopears to be wearing a tank-top....

yes in real life keepers sometimes have a great game. Not every loss for a side comes from this. I really want the AI to just win sometimes. Play evenly matched and they win it. Instead every match the I lose I destroy the other team. Realistic if it happens once yes. Ten times? The opposite of realistic.

I find it hilarious and absurd to suggest it's your tactics that have caused all your CCC's to get saved. Maybe you checked the keeper has a stormer button in the new tactics wizard. The thing is it isn't his tactics. If had poor tactics he would get no chances at all. The problem lies in the fact that his tactics don't matter. The result is going to turn out the same way wether he has a great approach or a ridiculous one.

Sorry there are no super goalies.

It's your tactics.

I constantly see goalies not even rushing out to gather loose balls, so far from super.

Slow down your tempo and your players might not rush their chances.

Ive seen your name on a few threads

so im sure you know that SI have confirmed that there is a problem with too many one on ones bring created in which is countered by the GKs saving all of these chances

So for you to say its his tactics

would make me think your a fanboy

sorry for the name calling but to say its his tactics is just plain rude lol

The issue lies in YOUR tactics, thats why SI have done nothing about it. Super-keepers do NOT exist. Fact. There are plenty of threads asking for advice after the latest patch on the best way to create chances and to score, if youre having trouble (which you clearly are) then I suggest you read one of them. Personally, the only problem with keepers I have found since 07 is in this year's version, where Almunia apopears to be wearing a tank-top....

Ok, so super-keepers don't exist. I'll accept that.

Why when I have shots does it say "remarkable save by ?" or "how did he manage to save that". Is this because they only have a limited commentary? Because i'd prefer it to say something like "weak shot by ?" or "poor header on target" because the commentary makes me feel like the keepers are playing awesome against me yet when I check their recent performances its all 6's and they get 8.9 against me. :(

Ok, so super-keepers don't exist. I'll accept that.

Why when I have shots does it say "remarkable save by ?" or "how did he manage to save that". Is this because they only have a limited commentary? Because i'd prefer it to say something like "weak shot by ?" or "poor header on target" because the commentary makes me feel like the keepers are playing awesome against me yet when I check their recent performances its all 6's and they get 8.9 against me. :(

Its limited commentary, definitely. Almost every save is rated as superb/fantastic. If you watch on 3D you'll see what I mean. It can be hit virtually straight at the 'keeper, but its a "fantastic save" or a striker shoots, keeper saves and it goes out for a corner, and commentary says "he just got his fingertips to it"

partly due to limited commentary yes, but i mean evidence of your own eyes may be more reliable. I mean any keeper who saves 15 shots, no matter the quality, will get a great rating. its possibly down to the positions your team gets into arent good enough or some other similar explanation

There are no superkeepers in the game. The issue is caused due to an issue in the ME. The DC's are letting players come through and have a 1 on 1 with the keeper. It gives the impression it is a clear chances but it isnt. Because the player is coming up the middle, the keeper has the advantage and usually makes the save. So the appearance of "Superkeeper" is made but its not true.

As has been said in many threads in the forum, SI are aware of the issue and are looking at in 10.3

There are no superkeepers in the game. The issue is caused due to an issue in the ME. The DC's are letting players come through and have a 1 on 1 with the keeper. It gives the impression it is a clear chances but it isnt. Because the player is coming up the middle, the keeper has the advantage and usually makes the save. So the appearance of "Superkeeper" is made but its not true.

As has been said in many threads in the forum, SI are aware of the issue and are looking at in 10.3

no comprendo

I've never understood how being front on advantages the goalkeeper. its like saying that the keepers have the advantage in a shootout.

surely being front on allows you three obvious options, shoot left, shoot right or dribble to the side of the keeper. you can also try a little lob (eg, Pienaar's last goal) or pass it through the keepers legs

when you are side on trying to dribble round or lob is made much harder due to the angles involved, and scoring at the near post is quite difficult

so Im at a loss as to why people think that keepers have the advantage in 1 v 1s

again, no comprendo

Im saying what has been said by the guys who have the know how in SI. WWfan has gone into great detail about explaining it. I wont try because I wont exaplin it right but it has been debated to exhaustion and then some.

Im saying what has been said by the guys who have the know how in SI. WWfan has gone into great detail about explaining it. I wont try because I wont exaplin it right but it has been debated to exhaustion and then some.

hmmm, this is reminding me a little bit of Aristotle and his "contributions" to science

Then do a search and find what WWfan has said. He does a better job at explaining then I ever could.

I found a thread you can look at

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=177980

had a little read, didnt read it all obviously, but seems that wwfan was trying to convince people that strikers dont convert most of their 1 v 1's chances which is different to my point that being front on is better than being side on

Sorry there are no super goalies.

It's your tactics.

I constantly see goalies not even rushing out to gather loose balls, so far from super.

Slow down your tempo and your players might not rush their chances.

That is pretty lame what you saying, there are super GK, i don't have to make tactic acording to screwed up game engine.

"I find it hilarious and absurd to suggest it's your tactics that have caused all your CCC's to get saved."

Agree completely with this.

If you manage 21 shots on target theres CLEARLY nothing wrong with your tactics. If people are trying to suggest its because his CFs are approaching from the front and not from the side, then its still not his fault. Bizarre to suggest it is.

no comprendo

I've never understood how being front on advantages the goalkeeper. its like saying that the keepers have the advantage in a shootout.

surely being front on allows you three obvious options, shoot left, shoot right or dribble to the side of the keeper. you can also try a little lob (eg, Pienaar's last goal) or pass it through the keepers legs

when you are side on trying to dribble round or lob is made much harder due to the angles involved, and scoring at the near post is quite difficult

so Im at a loss as to why people think that keepers have the advantage in 1 v 1s

again, no comprendo

Have to say I don't get that one either. Hadn't heard anyone saying it before until wwfan mentioned it in that superkeepers thread. And now some people are going as far to say central one on ones are not even a good chance IRL which is just bizarre.

I don't understand how somebody can say: it's your tactic

Please, explain me, what has tactic to do with a situation: better FC against weaker GK, 9 episodes in one match. Explain me, what has tactic to do with this?

Explain me how can you say that when Boriello, Dzeko, Pato, Torres, Rooney,... comes alone in front of the GK than it is not a real good chance. Do we speak about the same football or do you play some other version of football? Sorry, but for every Football master a clear chance were the ST come allone in front of the GK is ALLWAYS better then some were it comes from the side. Look, when you come from front, you have a big goal in front of you, and you can chose where do you want to put the ball. From the side, you have a near angle, so the goal is not so big, and the GK is closing the whole goal. So, explain me, because it seems that I am not a good footballer, even when I played it as a profi for 2 years, explain me how is the chance from the side better then from the front? Then, when you did this, can you say this to Kaiser Beckenbauer or Louis Van Gaal, and see what will they answer you :)

And if they are no SuperGK, why can't I get a GK MoM? Why do AI has to have only a pair of chances to score, and the user double so much? Please, there are so much user that putted provence for: more than 25 shoots and more then 11 are saved, and on the other side are less than 10 shoots and one or two went in.

Ok, the football is a game, and everybody can win, but not in every match. I don't understand it why are so much shoots saved in every match? It can't be that in every match you make so much chances and they are allways saved.

I am looking Juventus - Milan, you will not believe, but there were 0 chances were the striker gets allone running towards the GK. Because, if it was, then it would be for 80% a goal.

And the goal for Milan were Nesta striking the ball from the corner about 2m from the goal line. I had the same situation in the game, and my player went to strike the ball to the opposite side, there where the GK is standing. Obviously a game bug, because I can't understand how can you shoot the ball 4m from the goal towards the GK on the opposite side, when you have the whole free goal in front of you. But, it seems that we are talking about two different sides of football. The real football and imagination football

I'm playing the game at a lower standard than I'd imagine most are and I'm just not seeing this 'superkeeper' thing at all. I've heard it said that this problem happens regardless of the stats of GK or striker (not so much in this thread) which, in the evidence of my game, is simply not the case.

I have an excellent striker for this level (finishing 15, composure 15) who scored 21 goals in 31 games and had a total of 44 shots on target during the season. That's just shy of a 50% strike rate when he hits the target. My 2nd top goalscorer got 12 goals from 27 attempts on target - again, not far short of a goal every other attempt on target. My third top scorer was a box-to-box midfielder who got 8 goals from only 14 attempts on target.

If I look at the goalkeeping stats, the opposition keepers I played against only got MOM performances twice in the whole season. They managed a match rating of 7+ only 7 times. My keeper, a truly terrible player I couldn't replace, only managed a rating of over 7 four times in the season with no MOM displays. The keepers at this level are very far from superhuman believe me.

maybe luck has too much effect?

it does.. .there are games where i score every second shot and there are where i cant score ****

there aregames where oposition makes 5 shots on target and score 4 goals.. yes i end up alt+f4.. cuz thats bs..

something is defently up with the goal keeper side of things i am finding it really hard to score and even when i get chances the keeper just seems to be in the right spot yet when the same thing happens to my keeper he always fails to deal with the threat

Please... please... give us a break with the horrid it's your tactic crap!

Has it become the default answer to each and every objection? Even when logic, and the words of those who are "inside" the game say THERE IS an issue with superkeepers?

A bad tactic won't allow your strikers to shoot on goal 20 times, and the greatest tactic ever known to mankind won't prevent your World Class strikers from shooting AT the keeper while 1-on-1.

It's been admitted there IS a problem with too many CCC being created (due to poorly coded defending, which can just be reduced with tactical tampering, but not 100% solved), so to avoid games ending with handball scores, keepers have become almost superhuman.

Some games it's just bad luck, but a clean sheet in a game with 20 shots on goal, even assuming just half of them were dangerous ones, requires too much suspension of disbelief.

Especially when your keeper conceded 1 on 4 shots, falling asleep on the rebound

That is pretty lame what you saying, there are super GK, i don't have to make tactic acording to screwed up game engine.

Um, super keepers existence aside, of course you do. Thats the point of the game. If we changed the rules of rock/paper/scissors to make it so that scissors beat rock and paper are you saying you wouldn't choose scissors every time?

If you have to do abc to win, why continue to do xyz?

Please... please... give us a break with the horrid it's your tactic crap!

A bad tactic won't allow your strikers to shoot on goal 20 times, and the greatest tactic ever known to mankind won't prevent your World Class strikers from shooting AT the keeper while 1-on-1.

No, but an unrealistic one will, which in turn suggests you will get unrealistic outcomes.

Has this not even been acknowledged by SI yet? Surely it has?

I'd imagine this is the major area that's being focused on for 10.3??

Why don't you use the search function. Theres tonnes of posts why there "seems" to be a super keeper, and what is being done about it with plenty of comments by SI.

It all boils down to zonal marking, the defence being split unrealistically and the goalies having to save a lot more direct one on ones (going straight toward the keeper).

SI have commented on this and said they are trying to work on it for 10.3.

If you are making a huge load of attempts on goal and you arent scoring them, IT IS YOUR TACTICS.

Playing very attacking formations for the whole game against counter attacking sides, with high tempo and direct passing will lead to enormous amounts of chances on goal but they will be long shots, rushed chances or unrealstically defence splitting passes leading to one on ones.

Lowering creative freedom and slowing the tempo creates less rushed chances and better worked chances, playing man marking throughout the team, will lower the chances of these defence splitting passes.

No, but an unrealistic one will, which in turn suggests you will get unrealistic outcomes.

The problem with "superkeepers" is that you don't need to play an unrealistic tactic to experience the issue. I'm playing a standard 4-4-2 with only a few tweaks here and there and in my last match against Napoli I had eleven clear cut chances and scored ZERO goals. I did win thanks to an own goal but that's not the point ;)

Anyway, this has all been discussed to death and SI have confirmed the issue is being looked at for 10.3 so no point in repeating ourselves anymore :)

Why don't you use the search function. Theres tonnes of posts why there "seems" to be a super keeper, and what is being done about it with plenty of comments by SI.

It all boils down to zonal marking, the defence being split unrealistically and the goalies having to save a lot more direct one on ones (going straight toward the keeper).

SI have commented on this and said they are trying to work on it for 10.3.

If you are making a huge load of attempts on goal and you arent scoring them, IT IS YOUR TACTICS.

Playing very attacking formations for the whole game against counter attacking sides, with high tempo and direct passing will lead to enormous amounts of chances on goal but they will be long shots, rushed chances or unrealstically defence splitting passes leading to one on ones.

Lowering creative freedom and slowing the tempo creates less rushed chances and better worked chances, playing man marking throughout the team, will lower the chances of these defence splitting passes.

My post was in response to people still discussing this.

I don't need you to tell me what to do on here, you got that?

DP, how about you act a little less aggresive, I was only trying to help.

I don't need someone threatening me behind the safety of their pc. Maybe you think your enourmous high level of posts gives you some sort of distinction in the greater football forum community, but it does not - and I treat everyone the same - with fairness and respect.

I take the comment "I don't need you to tell me what to do on here, you got that? " as antagonistic in nature and quite aggressive.

Also I did not contradict myself. I merely stated what I read from posts and they do not contradict themselves if you actually stop to think about what has been written.

SI have stated that there is a problem where defences are split far too easily with a through ball. This is a bug which is getting looked at.

However, this bug can be hugely exacerbated with unbalanced tactics, which leads to more one on ones, which leads to excessive saves.

In addition to that, my post about "your tactics" was more related to the huge amount of shots on goal people have regardless if they are one on ones and can be toned down heavily by thinking about what you are doing at a tactical level.

If you fail to see the correlation and believe this to be a contradiction, then I am sorry.

If your original post was merely a sarcastic comment to others then I apologise for not spotting it.

I am not here to fight with someone I do not know from a random football forum and I pity those who act defensively by comments made in no way to be personal whatsoever.

Mr. Ezequiel_Lavezzi

why do you don't tell this to Van Gaal or Ferguson? It seems that you know better football teaching as they. Go and tell them that it is not ok to make so much chances, but to wait for the right moment. Man, one question: have you ever played a 11 against 11 football match?

Look boy, to score you have to make chances. Believe me or not, I would love when my team gets 11 time in a match allone in front of the GK.

I can't understand how somebody can say: it is your tactic. You are pushing your striker to much in front, so that they get to oft allone in front of the GK. THIS IS THE POINT in football. To get allone in front of the GoalKepper, because there you have the best chances to score. I really don't understand your unlogical answer to don't make CCchances, but to wait for a real good one.

That is the point why I don't want to discuss this problem on the forum. Because there are tons of player who say: it is your tactic. No it is not, it is our different view on a football match. I see football trough player eyes, and you trough PC sitting player.

I said one more time, the game is became perfect with the creator, because now I know what kind of position the player has to play. But there is this annomaly with goal scoring. It can't be possible that some kind of GK is able to save more than 70% of shoots coming straigh to him. And this, every match. And if we are saying that the GK has a better position by front shoots, why does penaltys go in? I mean, you are shooting from 11m and the GK has all time of the world to e prepaired to the shoot. And what do you see: 90% of penalty went in. But only 25% of shoots who are shooted 5-7 m far from the GK goes in. Is this not a little bit unlogical??? :confused:

Sorry Lavezzi, I see your second post after I have writen my.

Look, I don't want ot attack you or judge you. But it is not ok to tell me and thousends of other player that it is your tactic, you don't understand football.

Like I said, for me it seems unlogical to say to my boys not to attack so much, when they are doing well making 20 chances allone in front of the GK. I love this stile of play. I love to learn my striker to beat the offside trap, and then my crossers to put a long through ball, because then I have the striker allone running towards the GK. And in this patch all this is ponitless, because for some reason the GK have unnatural power to save all kind of this shoot.

I don't love to seat down, watching a annoing match in the middle, and wait for a good chance from the side. I need to have control of the match. I need the first goal in the first 20min. Because then is my tactic working. I can wait until the min. 90' for the first goal, but I can't accept that some GK is able to save 20 shoots

Archived