Illogical shocking runs

Maybe I'm on my own here but I can have a tactic that gets me to the top of the table at xmas, and yet I'll be sacked by easter, despite not touching a thing!

With Aston Villa I got them to 2nd at xmas and finished 16th (yes that is possible!) and it happens with big teams as well. It seems like I will lose one undeservedly after a great run, then I will lose to a better team and suddenly that's two in a row. Then I'll lose a 3rd in a row by shocking play, and then all of a sudden morale drops and you're in free fall. I can try any formation, any tactic, any style, and nothing digs me out of the rut. This never happened on the old games.

Anyone had a similar experience or some advice? I wouldn't mind if I was new to the series but I've owned them all and done very well on them!

what are you saying to them post match? i rarely use disappointed and never angry away, preferring sympathy even if its a thrashing (unless its a fierce rival or particularly bad performance). a bit tougher on them at home though. i'd only go angry with them if they have really woeful. i tend not to chop and change tactics too much as players dont seem to like it.

Archived