One gripe with transfers

It's been a bit of an ongoing issue for a couple of versions now, but its happening countless times and unsettles the squad in the end. Two players I signed in the summer, one a goalkeeper (first choice paid £11m - upfront - for him) and in January an offer comes in of £5m (£1m up front, £4m over 36 months) in cash and 20% of profit from next sale.

It's a transfer that is never going to happen, yet nothing in the game seems to register this as a hugely unnacceptable transfer. The keeper gets upset, has a the slight concern next to his name. I had tried negotiating to avoid this, but Wolfsburg refused and then withdrew, only to come back 2 days later with another offer of £7m in cash, with a lesser profit of next sale and 48 month set up. Again still a massive amount short of what I've paid for him, I do the same they withdraw he is considering his future at the club now and likely to hand in a transfer request, its the 7th of January.

Then onto a regen I signed, couldn't get him last season so settled for this year and signed him for £5m (only £500k upfront, some is monthly, rest is international fees) he's been a bit-part player but is still only 18 and a few clubs come wading in Schalke, Barcelona etc. The best offer I've received so far is a deal with £800k upfront and a couple of million over a few months.

I'm a premiership side, admittedly punching above my weight as I'm sat in the top 4 right now but the club has over £25m in the bank, no debts and is in no way struggling financially which makes these laughable bids even more confusing. It is something that should be addressed, purely for the disruption it causes to teams when it shouldn't do.

It's been a bit of an ongoing issue for a couple of versions now, but its happening countless times and unsettles the squad in the end. Two players I signed in the summer, one a goalkeeper (first choice paid £11m - upfront - for him) and in January an offer comes in of £5m (£1m up front, £4m over 36 months) in cash and 20% of profit from next sale.

Robbie Keane last year?

yeah but Robbie Keane was up for sale! These guys gripes were that its not realistic for a team to part with someone whom they see as a key player or a part of their future, for a smaller fee than they originally paid for. This has always been an issue with FM, apart from if you try to do the same to a computer controlled team! They quickly tell you its unacceptable.

Archived