european difficulties

i am playing celtic and have qualified for the european cup 2010-2011,time to pick my squad of 25 players of which 8 must be home grown which i was fully aware of,auto selected squad and am 3 home grown players short,no problem i thought and stuck 3 scottish youth players in to the team,they dont count.....i have avery small reserve squad of 6 players no home grown........so i am 3 short and game obviously wont let me continue until i have picked squad.............any solution or start all over again.......doh

i despise them but you could see if there is an ingame editor and change nationality to scottish. i have always wondered about this but never happened to me.. gotta say you prob have to start again...only from a couple of wks before and loan some rubbish scottish players

i despise them but you could see if there is an ingame editor and change nationality to scottish. i have always wondered about this but never happened to me.. gotta say you prob have to start again...only from a couple of wks before and loan some rubbish scottish players

Nationality does not matter.

Leaving the empty spots is what you should do.

states i must have 8 players trained in scotland...........leaving the 3 spaces empty only impacts players trained by celtic,therefore that solution does not work.......fortunately i auto save every month and i see i have 2 previous saves,as the latest will not impact on my championship victory but will obviously cancel out some stonking buys in the close season,ah well thanks for everybodys help and those reading this might be able to buy some cheap rubbishy home grown players to fill out euro squads,obviously this problem compounds itself with clubs like celtic who cannot afford vast squads

have started again from the save,received instructions on how many home grown players i had and it exceeded the 8 needed for euro comp by 4,this must have been the same in my original game as i had the same players,i did sell 2 of these players in my original game so still should have had 2 in hand...............ion this occasion i have bought 3 extra scottish league players to make sure although this did not please the fans,they were from queen of south raith and ross,lo and behold when it came to my auto euro squad selection none of these 3 were included?????????????.these 3 players were mid 20s or older as i am aware of the ruling that the qualified players must be over a certain age............strange but am now well esconsed in new game....beat leverkusen in qualifier for european cup group stage..........good news or bad news now meet real madrid manutd and aek athens..............

Archived