[FM10] Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour: Part Deux

rancer890

Version: FM10.1

Edits: Used some files from the AFC project here, downloaded Canadian leagues and expanded USA leagues files, and have also deleted the fake and Nleague files

Leagues setup:

• Australia - A-League
  • Belgium - Pro League to Third Division
  • Canada - Canadian Soccer League
  • China - Super League to Second Division
  • England - Premier League to BSN/BSS
  • Germany - First Division to Third Division
  • Holland - Eredivisie to Jupiler League
  • Italy - Serie A to Serie C2
  • Japan - J-League 1 to Regional Leagues
  • Mexico - First Division to Promotion League
  • South Korea - K-League to N-League
  • Spain - La Liga to Second Division B
  • USA - MLS to PDL

A little info on the direction I want to take in my career: As you all know (or will know :p), I've always been a supporter of Canadian football (no not CFL!!). So wherever I manage, I will want to bring as much Canadian talent as I can to the club. My goal throughout this career is to concentrate on Canadians as much as I can, without compromising my success.

I started off with Sunday League footballer rep, and rejected an offer from J-League 1 side FC Tokyo, to manage United Soccer League-1 outfit and Canadian club Montreal Impact. In my opening press conference, there were press members from the Vancouver media, and none from the local Montreal media, so this is looking good already. :D

Career Summary

Club Management

[font=Courier New]Year  Team      Country   League       Position      Achievements
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4292903&postcount=14"]2009[/url]  Montreal   Canada    USL-1            [url="http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1076/usldivision1.png"]8th[/url]      Resigning? 
2010  Vancouver  Canada      PDL
[/font] 

International Management

Career Record

[font=Courier New]Year    Team      League  GP -  W -  D -  L -  GF -  GA -  PTS
2009    Montreal   USL-1  30 -  8 - 10 - 12 -  27 -  34 -   26[/font]
[font=Courier New]2010    Vancouver    PDL                                      
--------------------------------------------------------------
Career Records            30 -  8 - 10 - 12 -  27 -  34 -   26
[/font] 

Managerial Awards

My Global Managerial Tour

[font=Courier New]Starting Point  Destination  Distance (km)       Days         Earnings[/font]
[font=Courier New]Toronto         Montreal               505        238          $37,500
Montreal        Vancouver             3690       
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                                 4195        238          $37,500
[/font]

This is gonna be good, good luck dude, ill be rooting for ye.

Was that Canadian enough ?

Eh? Not where I live. :p

First things first. There's a foreigner limit of 9, and I have a bit more than that. But the good news is that I'm close to have some of my foreigners to become Canadian citizens. It only takes 3 years to gain Canadian nationality. :D (but 5 years to be eligible for the Canadian national team :thup:)

I don't understand why I have extra youth players on my team (a starting XI's worth), each with a $4500 annual wage, putting my team over the wage budget. Really annoying that I can't even offload my players to a feeder club because they are on youth contracts.

Montreal Impact

USL-1

April 2009

11th: at Minnesota - L 0-1

15th: vs Charleston - W 2-1

22nd: at Rochester - W 2-1

25th: vs Portland - W 2-1

May 2009

1st: at Austin - L 1-2

6th: vs Vancouver - L 0-2

9th: at Puerto Rico - L 1-2

16th: vs Miami FC - D 0-0

22nd: at Carolina - L 0-1

27th: vs Cleveland - D 0-0

30th: vs Minnesota - D 1-1

It was a good April combined with a horrible May. All the friendlies finished before my arrival and I had no time to take a look at my squad. I tried out using the default tactics at first, but going into May, we just went down the table. I created a new tactic after the Puerto Rico game, and we have only scored 1 goal with the new tactic. However, I plan to stick with this tactic for the time being, and hope the club gels.

USL-1 Standings

Board Confidence - not very good atm :p (we're expected to win the league...)

If anything happens, my priority is to stay in North America, although at this stage, I just want to make a name for myself. My goal of building the Canadian National team still applies wherever I go.

Good to see you back :thup:

That may must have been annoying after the good start in april. :thdn:

I think the new competition editor is really adding to the interest and diversity of games in this thread.

Good to see you back :thup:

That may must have been annoying after the good start in april. :thdn:

I think the new competition editor is really adding to the interest and diversity of games in this thread.

Thanks. :)

I wasn't planning to start a career game until after I got W7, and I wanted to get a feel of the FM10 tactics. They used to work, but as you can clearly see, they're not working right now...

I think if I don't get a result or two coming my way, I won't last past July. I am open to moving to one of these leagues:

• Canadian Soccer League - any team
  • China - any team
  • Japan - J1 or J2 team with decent wage/transfer budgets
  • USA leagues - I wouldn't even mind dropping down to the PDL, but I want to manage a Canadian team (Toronto Lynx would be my preference. They're the 'forgotten' soccer team in the city and much of the soccer coverage here is focused on TFC). I also wouldn't mind managing at USL-2 side Bermuda. :D

Another welcome back from me as well rancer!

I know I didnt comment as much as I should on your last adventure but i'll try to make up for it here.

Where would your ideal ending up position?

In this career, I would want to make a name for myself either in North America or in Asia, starting up from the lower leagues, and then moving onto Europe . I might not fancy being a club and international manager at the same time this time around though (unless it's a real tempting offer like Canada or China). I would like to manage in each country I loaded. With the exception of Mexico (:p), these countries are also most that I am interesting in traveling to one day, so I'm also keeping a tracker of what cities I've 'visited' and the number of days spent in the country. :D

Big D, maybe I'll try and manage Estudiantes Santander sometime. ;)

I could have loaded a few more leagues, but I wanted to actually manage in those countries - France in particular was a country I keep loading, but I never managed there, so I didn't bother loading that league in my career game. I'm pleased with my career setup so I'm hoping for a solid career, although I'm still 'very insecure' at Montreal. Still having trouble winning... :(

Montreal Impact

USL-1

June 2009

6th: at Charleston - L 0-2

17th: vs Rochester - D 1-1

20th: vs Austin - L 0-1

27th: at Portland - L 0-2

July 2009

3rd: at Vancouver - L 0-1

8th: vs Puerto Rico - W 1-0 (yay a win :D)

11th: at Miami FC - D 3-3 (we gave up a 2-0 lead and a 3-1 lead :mad:)

18th: vs Carolina - D 0-0

25th: at Cleveland - D 1-1

29th: at Minnesota - D 1-1 (92nd minute penalty!!! :mad:)

A horrible June, but in July, there was some bright spots. We finally won a game, against Puerto Rico (on an OG), but I'll take it. The next game against Miami, my players decided to score on our net, and 2 OGs helped Miami get a draw against us. We were so close against the Minnesota Thunder if the bloody ref didn't decide to call a penalty. If I manage to stay for another year, I would want to get a new back line, since they cannot mark at all, and have a habit of giving penalties to the opposition.

In other news, the team that I rejected, FC Tokyo, are currently in 3rd in J-League 1. :D

Standings

Montreal Impact

USL-1

August 2009

1st: vs Charleston - L 0-1

15th: at Rochester - W 1-0

19th: vs Portland - L 0-2

22nd: at Austin - L 0-4

28th: vs Vancouver - W 3-0

September 2009

5th: at Puerto Rico - D 1-1

9th: vs Miami FC - W 1-0

12th: at Carolina - D 2-2 (2 goals in the 90th minute cost us)

19th: vs Cleveland - W 3-0

Standings

Missed playoffs by a point... :(

The game against Carolina sealed our fate. We had a 2 goal lead throughout most of the game until the 90th minute when they scored 2 goals...

I would like to return for another season, but my job security is 'precarious' so I might get sacked. :D

Montreal Impact

USL-1

2009 Season

Media Prediction: 2nd

Finishing Position: 8th

Squad

Squad

The friendlies all finished before I became manager, so I had no idea about my team, and thus we play horribly.

Transfers

Transfers

I brought in a couple Canadians as my only transfer activity. Jeff Clarke played the previous season with the Whitecaps, and Greg Sutton was released from Toronto FC. Sutton was the starter GK of the Impact before he left for MLS.

Finances

Finances

Only positive thing all season. :p

Club Information

Overview

Facilities

Career

[font=Courier New]Year      Team      Country     League    Position       Info
[/font]
[left][font=Courier New][url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4292903&postcount=14]2009[/url]      Montreal   Canada      USL-1         [url="http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1076/usldivision1.png"]8th[/url]   Resigned[/font]
[/left]

After this update, I have resigned from the team because the players all lost confidence in me. Japan is always tempting, but my preference is to stay in North America, although if the terms are good, I wouldn't mind going to Asia.

November 11, 2009

It was a day to remember on Remembrance Day in Canada, where I was offered the Vancouver (PDL) job, which I accepted.

There are a semi-pro outfit, and are an affiliate of the Vancouver USL team. They finished 2nd in the league last year so I hope I can improve on that next year. The previous manager, Thomas Niendorf, left to take a job with German Second Division side Karlsruhe, so I know this is not the beginning of the end of my career. :D

EDIT: Okay, this is getting unplayable. The squad rules set for a maximum squad salary of $0 but these players played last year and actually made some money...sorry everyone but I'm going to ask this thread to be closed and plan to do something else. Sorry again. :(

Archived