Dismayed by the lack of harmony at the club

I was wondering if anyone keeps having the same problem as me? every club i seem to manage in fm10 and fm 09 my players get unhappy and they all keep telling me that they are worried by the lack of harmony at the club and then tell me that the club is underacheiving! how can i go about improving the harmony and making all of my players happy? does teamwork and influence really make that much of an impact on the harmony and morale of the squad??

Right - ive had this problem, and it often starts in one place:

Did you - fine a player for playing badly/ getting sent off?

If so, and he gets stroppy, it can bother other people - and then, when enough people are bothered about it - then other players start to become upset that so many people are upset.

It can be solved by:

1) making the original person happy, and then, eventually all the rest slowly come back around.

2) Actually WINNING some games and stopping the team under achieving (think this is the important one in your case)

it sucks because some crybaby whines over his 1 week fine for a straight red card & then the whole team is thrown into disarray. this has happened to me multiple time with multiple teams. it always comes from a player declaring "unfair treatment" over his fine or official warning for a red card or missing practice.

its so annoying i have told a few players im dissapointed with them after poor performances, which in my opinion is justified im trying to get a response from the players but iv somehow managed to upset the whole of my squad and now its affecting all of my players! its a loop of death! does the teamwork and influence have an affect on the togetherness of the team??

It can also be caused by too much turn-over in the squad. That can be avoided by not signing too many new players at once.

If it's one or two players, find the troublemakers and sell or release them. Check their personality types, that might give you a hint.

I've got the same problem and I've put it down to me changing the team captain and putting him on the transfer list. He did very well in his time, mentored a couple of youngsters and was popular with the fans.

I'm playing Blyth Spartans (originally BSN, now BSP), now in my third season and it's been a problem this season and last. New signings just don't last two seasons at this level :(

Whatever team you manage in FM2010, and this was the same for FM2009, they will become unhappy with you, eventually in the long run.

SI make it extreemly difficult for any team to maintain some sort of friendly dressing room atmposphere.

My entire dressing room atmoshpere went to crap because I lost a semi final of a cup, with a league one team. They should have been happy, but their morale dropped, they lose 4 games in a row in the league, and I said to them in a match talk "why cant u play like this every game" when they finally won and everyone hated me, saying i was too harsh on them.

I NEVER got back the dressing room after that, and I eventually resigned as I would lose home and away regardless of opposition.

its certainly an issue in the game

i gave a player a warning over a red card and they got upset about lack of discipline

a few games later another player got a red and i fined him and they got upset i was too harsh

people here say 'sort out the problems' but ive got no idea how this is actually done?

how to you directly affect a players morale - besides just winning games....

seems to be an area that could do with some improvement

while i appreciate morale affecting team performance etc it certainly seems as thought players get a little to upset with their manager over quite trivial things.

and if we are to leave this as it is, it seems reasonable to include a feature to enable the manager to have better interaction with his players.

at present the exiciting forms of interaction are insufficient imo

Archived