"Stop recklessly diving into tackles" "mmm NO!!!" (Silly responses by players)

I asked Ashley Cole, Mikel, and Terry to stop arguing with the refs.

All of them responded "They see no point in adapting their game and do not see how it could improve their performance."

Yeah its annoying, I just find more sencible players to replace them, for them comments, terry lost the captain arm band, first his mum robs from tesco, dad sells crack cocain and then he disrespects me...he had it coming

Or how about "Hit your shots with power." "No thanks, I'd rather hit little worm-burners right to the keeper. Wouldn't want him to get boo-boo fingers, now would I?"

The opposite is to try to place or pass the ball around the keeper rather than power it straight at him

Yeah its annoying, I just find more sencible players to replace them, for them comments, terry lost the captain arm band, first his mum robs from tesco, dad sells crack cocain and then he disrespects me...he had it coming

Indeed, Terry has a pretty poor influence stat to begin with, made Lampard the captain for my 2nd campaign.

If you have a good relationship with the player they'll learn whatever you want. My advice would also be to look at the players mentalities, level headed, spirited, driven, determined and professional are how you should base your squad in my experience. Follow these steps and there will be no dramas.

If you have a good relationship with the player they'll learn whatever you want. My advice would also be to look at the players mentalities, level headed, spirited, driven, determined and professional are how you should base your squad in my experience. Follow these steps and there will be no dramas.

you seem to have missed the point. I realise that it's because I've just joined, but when the request is beyond reasonable and to stop an obviously bad PPM they should always accept the training. It's not reasonable for them to just say no.

There must be some method of refusal otherwise you could logically make a goalkeeper try first time shots etc.

I agree within reason, defenders should be more realistic as to ppm's regarding tackling but again, this in my opinion correctly relates to their personality (which is the angle my post came from)

I asked Ashley Cole, Mikel, and Terry to stop arguing with the refs.

All of them responded "They see no point in adapting their game and do not see how it could improve their performance."

Same here.

How thick-headed must one be to not know that arguing with officials is not a good thing?

Overpaid footballers nowadays.

you seem to have missed the point. I realise that it's because I've just joined, but when the request is beyond reasonable and to stop an obviously bad PPM they should always accept the training. It's not reasonable for them to just say no.
It may not be reasonable but it is realistic, trying to change a players style and how he has made his way as a a professional footballer is a big thing. An experienced manager with a lot of respect from the player may work but someone just in the door trying to change a veteran is going to meet a cool reaction.

It is amazing how we can't train a player in football, we have to "ask them". It shouldn't even be a choice. If I put them on a training regime, they accept it or ask to leave and get a contract that lets them be numpties.

We don't have to ask them about positional training, why ask them for a simple move that could so very easily be asked of them in a training exercise?

It may not be reasonable but it is realistic, trying to change a players style and how he has made his way as a a professional footballer is a big thing. An experienced manager with a lot of respect from the player may work but someone just in the door trying to change a veteran is going to meet a cool reaction.

it is realistic for a player to directly refuse to stop arguing with referees?

it is realistic for a player to directly refuse to stop arguing with referees?

With the common sense that 90% of footballers lack once their on the pitch, no.

Without it, when thery get on the pitch they cant change easily. Examples - Roy Keane, Vieira, Gary Neville, Mascherano, Rooney, Terry, Cole, Ibrahimovic, Guti, Puyol, Ramos, de Rossi, etc.

What i'm asking is this: A manager comes up to a player

he says

Gary Neville, the way you're arguing with referees is hurting the team and you. We need you available as often as possible. Please stop chasing down the referee and shouting aggressively at him.

Gary Neville: NO. I DON'T WANT TO.

I think:

If Finishing is decent ...

+ High Composure (higher than Strength) = Pass the ball into the net

+ High Stength (higher than Composure) = Shoot with Power

If both a low = Sell the player ;)

Strength is nothing to do with shot power.

Archived