board takeover - transfer embargos

I'm playing as Leeds and Ken Bates has been in the process of a board takeover. But the problem is that it's lasted around 6 months. For the first few weeks it did the usual 'takeover nearly collapses' or 'takeover back on track' newstories.

But now, I haven't heard anything about it for months. My 'Information' screen for Leeds just says in the process of a takeover. But there haven't been any news storied. All I get everymonth is Ken Bates thanking me for patience every month.

So I'm just wondering if they're known to last so long or if it's a possible bug. I haven't been able to buy players due to embargo for aaages and it's really annoying me.

ugh, what a joke. my team is getting pretty old and i need to strengthen it so badly.

It started 6 months ago - surely your players are only 6 months older than they were?

And just look at newcastle - they didnt have a transfer embargo - but their 'takeover' has lasted what? 18 months?

On FM09, I had a board takeover in the progress and it started in May. I couldn't buy players in this time even though I had £22m (This was with Portsmouth in the end of the 2nd/beginning of the 3rd season) and I was really looking to improve the squad for Europa football.

I couldn't sign anyone all summer, and to top it all off, September 15th came and the fudging investors didn't even buy the club and I could buy players again, but missed the deadline :( Not happy!

It started 6 months ago - surely your players are only 6 months older than they were?

I'd limped through a season in the Championship. Admittedly I came fourth but my team was definitely a bit rusty and the embargo started right at the end of that season. So I'm now stuck with the same team, about to enter January and it's not looking like anything is going to happen.

So basically, yeah it's my fault my team is a bit weak, but at the same time I wanted to do something about it!

Archived