A-League Marquee player

In the real world, a marquee player is a star to draw the crowds and lift the team- and they are inevitably the club's top earner (and league rules dictate this wage is not factored into the club's salary cap).

In game, the only significant aspect of a marquee player is that their wage is not counted in the salary cap. You can offer them as much as your board will allow.

If they aren't allowing you much to offer someone you consider to be your 'marquee player' then consider this: Have you said he'll be a key member? What is your current total salary (including your current top earner) and what is the current cap set at? And what is the club's wage budget/finances?

Yes I understand that but still, in the finances pages it says the max i can offer players. Key player is $4,500 and each other one is less than that. I have more than 10k in my cap room spare and there is no option of marquee player to look at. I think they should patch in the marquee player somehow properly.

Maybe as a clause when you sign someone? Or when u select the squad status Marquee > Key Player > the rest...

Sorry for being off-topic, but since we regressed into talking about Clive Palmer, has anyone else noticed a few odd signings in the Lower Australian Leagues? On one save with Australia selected as a playable nation a Perth non league side had Tomas Pekhart, other teams have signed pretty good Brazilians on frees.

the problem i have with the marquee set up in the game is you can chose which player is your marquee like when you offer a contract you can say first team , key player...but there is no option to offer a marquee player.

I played as sydney for a few seasons and got rid of Aloisi at the beginning of the second season so i did not have a marquee (MQ) player anymore but then i could not pick a new one!!

You don't pick the marquee player by selecting their role in their contract it is just automatically your top earner, so borogz when you sold aloisi your next top earner would have automatically become your marquee player. Then if you sign a player and offer them more wages than any other player they will become your marquee player.

no, this is not the case. I'm witht he phoenix and the top earner is not the marquee player. They do NOT have a marquee player and you CANNOT select one. The marquee playuers have MQ next to their name just like wanted players have Wtd next to theirs. This needs to be fixed.

no, this is not the case. I'm witht he phoenix and the top earner is not the marquee player. They do NOT have a marquee player and you CANNOT select one. The marquee playuers have MQ next to their name just like wanted players have Wtd next to theirs. This needs to be fixed.

oh really i didn't know they had MQ next to their name, last time i played in the a-league was on fm 07 and it didn't have that. If you try signing someone whose wages are higher than anyone else's in your team they may become the marquee player, at least they should.

Correct- the game just assigns the highest wage earner as the Marquee and deducts their salary from the cap. This isnt strictly the correct process and SI are still working towards getting the correct system implemented in the game.

If they just patched in an option or clause when offering a new contract that would be the way to go. Have an option above Key Player that lets you give the player extra salary (as much as the CLUB can afford - not the salary cap).

Also the Sony logo on the Phoenix shirts needs to be patched in (although not important)

Have an option above Key Player that lets you give the player extra salary (as much as the CLUB can afford - not the salary cap).

That's the way it is now, every time you select Key Player. I don't see what's so confusing about the marquee player simply being the highest paid player at the club...

Just because they are allowed ANY wage, doesn't mean your club can afford to fork out $150k a week to bring an EPL player to the A-League. I just started a game at Melbourne Victory and my board were happy to pay up to $5,750 a week, which is more than sufficient for the salary of a marquee player.

I think the problem is with your mentality. In this situation, $5k+ is not the average wage for a key player, but rather the very highest wage allowed, which your board will expect you to offer a 'marquee player'. Just because you can potentially offer every squad player a wage that a marquee player would expect does not mean that when you find a much better player that a huge amount more is available to pay them.

Archived