Stronger Leg for set piece left and right?

I have some question on corner taking and free kick taking.

If i have a player Right leg Best should he take right free kick or corner etc...

Take it as both have corner and free kick stats at 18.

Player 1 Left leg

Player 2 Right leg

Who should i pick for the below 4 areas.

Left Corner ........................ Right Corner ...............

Left Free kick ........................ Right Free kick ..........

Thanks in advance.

For the corners its personal choice really, Do you want to in-swing out-swing it?

Personally I like opposites so if the corner/free kick is on the left then I have a "righty" take the set piece as I "prefer" the ball to in-swing and attack a goal mouth.

Can u explain this 'the ball to in-swing and attack a goal mouth'

If you have a right footed player taking a corner on the left the ball will tend to swing in towards the goal as the player will strike it with his instep. Opposite for the other side of the pitch. Similar to free kicks. If a right footed player takes a free kick from the left it will swing towards the goal as it gets crossed in, or if he takes a shot it will tend to swing towards the near post.

I'm sure I read SI somewhere saying you want inswinging corners, as ones swinging back from the byline are prone to going over the line.

Anyway personally, for corners I like the opposite side from their stronger foot. For free kicks, if their best attribute is for crossing I'll use them on both sides. If their strongest attribute is for long shots I'll put them on the opposite side to their best foot.

HTH.

Archived