world cup in fm10

I am wondering if you guys playing at 2nd season or afterward because I just finished 1st season, it's summer, and WC 2010 is in my game. However, all WC matches will appear in game via background or news, it doesn't show a page like in fm 09, then i click continue button,then see the results, then click continue again to run to next day. now in my game, it runs from 10th June to 14 June, with lots of WC matches without stopping :(

with only 3 clicks, my game ran from 1st June to 21st June, what a ....

Yeah i was looking forward to a more immersive game in FM10 with you being able to subscribe to comps/clubs ect but it's actually worse than previous versions because you don't get the news items in the inbox it's all on the news page/tab thing..

the thing i am not happy here is WC is over too fast, with 3 click i almost end up the hot summer. I rather stick with previous versions when i click by click to process day by day when WC happening :mad:

I agree 100% Saviola. I completely missed the WC because I pressed continue after the first round. The game just skipped through the entire thing.

Another thing I found weird about the WC is this: When the African Cup of Nations started I had two scouts who gave me the advice to go and scout the tournament. However, when the WC was about to start I did not get such a message at all. A bit strange, no? And because the game completely skipped trough the WC I wasn't able to send a scout. Although I have to admit that I could have done that earlier.

I'm with you guys..

One of the best things about the World Cup on previous FM's, was processing each game and then clicking on the results, look who scored, who got the best rating as each game happened etc :) Made it more enjoyable.

This can be changed. If you go to Team Settings, then the Screen Flow section, you can set it up to receive updates on the competition at regular intervals.

I personally have the World Cup set up to show me the fixtures and results every day during the competition.

This can be changed. If you go to Team Settings, then the Screen Flow section, you can set it up to receive updates on the competition at regular intervals.

Give a look here : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=161294

... Well, dfgrigg, Screen Flow can let you receive updates on competitions but....

1) You can find no more the old mechanism of "stop and go (before and after the matches)" in the day the games are played, and IMHO this was a touch of class to be involved in the game....

2) You can't do the same for CM's qualification rounds (no option in the Screen Flow)

3) What about CL or Uefa EL, you can choose the option "weekly updates" but you see results only the first day the game stopped and so involvement goes away... :(

IMHO Screen Flow should have increased your options to stop and go the game at your choice, for the competitions you choose... now it seems I can't give a look around "in real time"... :(

I personally have the World Cup set up to show me the fixtures and results every day during the competition.

Can this be changed if you are unemployed too?

I prefer it how it is now.

... no doubt about someone could prefer this way of "living" the game, but as said before Screen Flow could be the answer for every "taste"...

I quote nicobile :thup: and, if possible, ask SI if we could hope something about it in the next patch... As this version is almost "bug free", maybe you can focus your work on these little but not only cosmetic touches... ;)

Archived