Complaining About Refs?

Yes it does work but the how and when is very erratic.

The point of doing it is that it will give a morale boost to any players who's personality makes them react. It will also give you a few points in their favoured personnel list.

For players with an opposite personality it causes their morale to decrease.

Any player like this will get a 'PR' icon next to their name after you complain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ah right, I thought you just had a finite amount of complaints before they decided to slap you down, how do you know when and where to trust your players though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's very much a learning process, one in which you'll discover some players whose reactions are far from consistent. It is for this reason that I stick to the 'no comment' for everything related to the media, especially if my morale is in good nick across the squad.

I have never had any success with this and I don’t bother with this anymore, I have been fined and given touchline bans and I just stopped using that option, always choose no comment, and take what ever has happened…

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ah right, I thought you just had a finite amount of complaints before they decided to slap you down, how do you know when and where to trust your players though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's very much a learning process, one in which you'll discover some players whose reactions are far from consistent. It is for this reason that I stick to the 'no comment' for everything related to the media, especially if my morale is in good nick across the squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How does the learning process tie in with vast amounts of Stella, should I commit everything to a notebook or just wing it with a drunken memory icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> originally posted by Deva-Stated:-

How does the learning process tie in with vast amounts of Stella, should I commit everything to a notebook or just wing it with a drunken memory </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

But every time I learn something new, it pushes out something old! Remember that time I took a home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?

That's because you were drunk!

And how!

There will be a hint in the commentary if the ref screwed up - on an offside it will say "do [name of team] have a right to feel aggrieved about that goal?" or "did that goal look dubious?"

On penalties, it will say "[name of team] might feel the penalty decision was harsh there."

In these cases, you can complain, and the F.A. will remain silent.

The real point of the exercise is the impact on player morale, not on the FA. I get really irritated when I defend one of my players and then I see he "thinks you have stirred up unnecessary controversy". But then, I find that these are also the same players who are constantly "uncertain we can win today".

• 1 month later...

Just played sunderland in the league cup second round i parked the bus right from the off to get it to pens and some idiot called prica comes off the bench and scores in 80th min butcheatshz8.th.png

icon_mad.gif

Ultimately, aside from PR considerations with players, how else does complaining to the FA work? I mean, at times I feel the feature is useless and in the worst case scenario leads to sideline bans. Aside from that, there's hardly any reaction . . .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batty1:

Just played sunderland in the league cup second round i parked the bus right from the off to get it to pens and some idiot called prica comes off the bench and scores in 80th min butcheatshz8.th.png

Yup, Rade Prica, the bane of my existence. I think SI decided to make random players always score against you. I say this because Sunderland always start him against me or bring him on even if he had never played a 1st team game all year.

icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just played sunderland in the league cup second round i parked the bus right from the off to get it to pens and some idiot called prica comes off the bench and scores in 80th min butcheatshz8.th.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops

Yup, Rade Prica, the bane of my existence. I think SI decided to make random players always score against you. I say this because Sunderland always start him against me or bring him on even if he had never played a 1st team game all year.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott1990:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just played sunderland in the league cup second round i parked the bus right from the off to get it to pens and some idiot called prica comes off the bench and scores in 80th min butcheatshz8.th.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops

Yup, Rade Prica, the bane of my existence. I think SI decided to make random players always score against you. I say this because Sunderland always start him against me or bring him on even if he had never played a 1st team game all year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

May buy him just so he cant score against me again then flog him to a team abroad

Archived