100% fitness for 1st game of the season?

What is the best way to have your squad 100% for the first game of the season? (non injured players obviously)

Basically how best to use pre season. Should i use the friendlies already organised? because some are only 2 days apart so players have to play when their status is "tired after last match"

or is this what your'e supposed to do to achieve fitness?

So: How many friendlies?

How spaced apart?

Substations?

At which fitness status' should players be played/ not played.

I presume everyone looks to have their players in "superb condition" come the first day of the season and im looking for the best way to achieve this.

Thanks.

I have 6 friendlies, all against very minor non-league opposition so we win them all easily and get moale up

last one a week before the first game, then alternate Wednesdays and Saturdays before that

For the first 3 friendlies to avoid injuries etc. sub your entire team at half time and play your second xi in the second half.

For the 4th game sub no one, let all 11 first choice players play the entire 90mins, unless players take a knock in which case sub them asap.

For the 5th and 6th games, you have to use your own judgement, generally take players off only if they have taken a knock or their condition gets below 70%.

Wish Luck or tell them to prove themselves at kick-off. If you are winning at HT say you are pleased. If not tell them to keep going, or do it for the fans. At FT if you have won say you are pleased, if you lose or draw tell the players not to worry it's only a friendly.

My morale is always Super for every player and every player always has 100% doing this and always make a flying start to the campaig doing it. :)

Archived