Most ridiculous goal I've conceded to date

Forget the stupid goals where the ball bounces off my keeper's head and into the net. Forget the stupid goals where my defenders "clear" the ball and rifle it into the back top corner of their own goal. Forget the fact that my defenders are absolutely ******** no matter what tactics I use and they refuse to close down and tackle.

THIS just takes the cake.

Opposition plays a long ball into space in my half... instead of CHASING AFTER THE BALL LIKE ANY NORMAL RIGHT DEFENDER WOULD DO WHEN IT'S HOOFED INTO HIS CORNER, my right defender runs into the centre. AWAY FROM THE BALL. So basically I have no one chasing after the ball. BUT WAIT. My HERO of a goalkeeper is going to go get it. Sweet, and he's closer than the opposition defender. Ok, maybe we'll get away from this.

Nope, wrong again! WILD clearance upfield instead of a simple pass to the guy just beyond the opposition defender. And what happens then? Well, my keeper is so damn far away from his net that it's wide open and all it takes is one long pass from the middle of the field into the net. Yay for giving up a goal. This ridiculousness cost me my place in the Spanish Cup, losing 3-2 on aggregate.

You can tell me that's my tactics all you want, but there's no tactic in the entire engine that says "completely abandon your post and leave the opposition to do whatever they want while you stand and watch." Creative freedom was fairly low, and wandering is nil.

Didn't think to save the match. Too annoyed. That kind of nonsense should never happen.

weirdest one i ever saw was as Man Utd seeing Ben Foster take a free kick for an offside decision then booting it from one end of the field to the other to score the greatest goal ive ever seen in my FM life. I managed to fraps it and was going to put it on youtube but i couldnt be bothered :p

Forget the stupid goals where the ball bounces off my keeper's head and into the net. Forget the stupid goals where my defenders "clear" the ball and rifle it into the back top corner of their own goal. Forget the fact that my defenders are absolutely ******** no matter what tactics I use and they refuse to close down and tackle.

THIS just takes the cake.

Opposition plays a long ball into space in my half... instead of CHASING AFTER THE BALL LIKE ANY NORMAL RIGHT DEFENDER WOULD DO WHEN IT'S HOOFED INTO HIS CORNER, my right defender runs into the centre. AWAY FROM THE BALL. So basically I have no one chasing after the ball. BUT WAIT. My HERO of a goalkeeper is going to go get it. Sweet, and he's closer than the opposition defender. Ok, maybe we'll get away from this.

Nope, wrong again! WILD clearance upfield instead of a simple pass to the guy just beyond the opposition defender. And what happens then? Well, my keeper is so damn far away from his net that it's wide open and all it takes is one long pass from the middle of the field into the net. Yay for giving up a goal. This ridiculousness cost me my place in the Spanish Cup, losing 3-2 on aggregate.

You can tell me that's my tactics all you want, but there's no tactic in the entire engine that says "completely abandon your post and leave the opposition to do whatever they want while you stand and watch." Creative freedom was fairly low, and wandering is nil.

Didn't think to save the match. Too annoyed. That kind of nonsense should never happen.

Yes the defender should have chased the ball but your keeper did what most keepers would have done in real life.

In reality, when under pressure, most keepers will try and get the ball away from their goal rather than pass to a nearby player.

This is because if they pass to a close player and it is intercepted or that player loses the ball then they are almost definitely going to concede a goal, but if they can get the ball 60 yards down the field, even if it is picked up by an opposition player, they are more likely to be able to get back in goal before the ball reaches them again.

So, while in this case the defender AI messed up, the goalkeeper did what most goalkeepers would in real life.

i was playing as ireland vs italy! liam lawrence had the ball in a lot of space on the right and could have played it too robbie keane but decides to hoof it back to richard dunne who kicks it straight at iaquinta tto score! the final score was 2-2 and i was pretty ****ed off! they need to touch up the ai a bit with a patch!

lol i've had Buffon of all people go speeding after a ball lobbed into our half by the opposition keeper. So he runs from in his box to about 35 yards, with my defenders all there already. ofcourse they all leave it and their striker gets a 35 yard headed goal -_-"

Playing as AFC Wimbledon v York. My left back is on the touchline and ahead of their right-winger about forty yards out. The keeper is safely positioned in his six yard box. The LB lashes a shot Cristiano Ronaldo would have been proud of and the ball goes flying into the the keeper's top left hand part of the goal for an own goal I have NEVER seen in football.

In the next game my keeper catches the ball, holds on to it and then drops it to the CF who pokes it home.

The defensive side of the game is seriously broken.

Archived