Managers Dual nationality

In the game if a player lives in another country for a certain period of time they gain that country as a second nationality. Does this work the same for managers managing in other countries? So could you manage in Spain for 5 years and then your second nationality become Spanish or if you manage the South African National team for 5 or so years you have South Africa as a second nationality?

I don't believe so, mainly by virtue of you not ever needing nationality anywhere. The closest you'll ever come to being penalised by your nationality is in the press conference when you sign on as manager being asked if not speaking the language will be a problem.

Your ingame nationallity definitely makes a difference in the game.

It affects your knowlegde of players from the country your coaching in (i.e if your French managing in Italy for example) and it also affects your ability to gain international jobs (i.e some nations reluctant to approach someone with a different nationality, Brazil for example).

Nationality does have an affect in the game surely? As "Colorado" says...some clubs or internationl FA's only want managers with the same nationality running their teams...or at least a knowledge of the players in the nation. Am I right? (or wrong?) If wrong, then when you start the game why do you need to define what country you're from?

So just wondering if in the game after 5 or however many years managing in a country, you gain dual nationality like a player does?

Archived