Signing English Players!?!

Trying to do a challenge, where as Chelsea, I will try and buy an good English first 11. Sold Drogba and all of the other foreign stars and managed to recoup £75m.

Tried to sign Micah Richards, but will not pay £37.5m for a player rated £6.5m. Tried to sign Barry - Villa wanted over £40m - currently rated at £5m, Tried to sign Owen, Newcastle wanted £30m......has anyone ever had success at buying good english players for realistic money?

Originally posted by Ryknow:

I rekon this is stupid as I have tried to sign players when I had alot of money for transfers and the teams just want stupid amounts. I hope they fix this for 09.

If you want teams to give up players that they do not want to sell then they are going to ask stupid amounts. Chelsea found this. You may have money but people will not want to sell unless you offer silly money.

Perfectly lifelike.

I got Barry on my Chelsea. He's pretyy good once you give him time to settle in. Like you i wanted english players and thought Barry was prob the best Eng CM out there so was bidding and Villa wanted over 30 mil. After a while Barry became pised off at being denied the move and i managed to get him for 14mil. I also signed Owen. First season he scored 20 (being rotated and injured for 3 months) which i was chuffed about, but he kept getting dropped from England, along with Barry and Joe Cole which i wasn't chuffed about.

stupidly inflated transfer fees are the real life reason why wenger doesnt pay massive amounts for players, i am careful about how much i pay, and i do not pay over the odds for any player, there is always a different player you can sign

stupidly inflated transfer fees are the real life reason why wenger doesnt pay massive amounts for players

I think it would have been more acurate if you had said that inflated transfer fees English teams demand is the reson Wenger doesn't have\buy English nationals\based players.

Archived