Anti-Injury bug???

I just finished my first full season in FM10 with Real Madrid (yes I know that's easy), and although it was (and still is) a great experience, I do have something I want to talk about.

During the entire season, I've never had a situation in which more then 1 player was injured at the same time, and I've never had a situation in which a player was injured for more then a month.

Although you wont hear me complaining, I don't find this very realistic at all. If you look at physioroom.co.uk for example, you will see that every team has about 6 injuries simultaneously. Yet, if I look at the Injury Table of the Spanish Premier League in FM, only one team has more then 3 injuries and that is Valencia who have 6. And of those 6 injuries only one player is injured for more than a month. The date in the game being 25 - Sep - 2010.

Has anybody else noticed this? Are you experiencing the same problem? Or is it just a coincidence?

Not noticed this in my Liverpool save, its pretty well balanced tbh. Now into Sept 2014 and I seem to get a couple of serious injuries at the start of the season. Have Agger our with Cruciate ligament injury, and Otamendi out with torn hamstring. Thats one that seems to re-occur for me, had several players suffer from this one. Carragher (in reseves) is recovering from a hip injury, and a regen right back has a groin strain. Thats the grand total of injuries for players currently in my squad, there are more, but theyre out on loan.

I haven't experienced anything as bad as Liverpool irl are suffering atm, but then I never have.

I wish i was that lucky, on my Everton game i had; Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Yakubu, Saha, Baines and Fellaini all out at the same time.

That's realistic! ;)

I have a fair number of injuries at any time, normally 3-7. I also get long term injuries. I have one player out for 5 months with damage knee cartridge, another out for 2-3 months, and I was supposed to have somebody out for three months but they recovered after 6 weeks \o/

Not noticed this in my Liverpool save, its pretty well balanced tbh. Now into Sept 2014 and I seem to get a couple of serious injuries at the start of the season. Have Agger our with Cruciate ligament injury, and Otamendi out with torn hamstring. Thats one that seems to re-occur for me, had several players suffer from this one. Carragher (in reseves) is recovering from a hip injury, and a regen right back has a groin strain. Thats the grand total of injuries for players currently in my squad, there are more, but theyre out on loan.

I haven't experienced anything as bad as Liverpool irl are suffering atm, but then I never have.

I take it all back!!! Add Torres, Miguel Veloso, Suchy and Vela to that injury list now :( at least the worst injury is only around 6 weeks out though....

I'm not seeing a lot of injuries, but I'm only in October 2009 in my game. I'll leave it a lot longer to judge.

I have noticed less occurances of match injuries leading to sustained injuries. Whether that is significant I don't know.

I always use a sound pre-season training schedule and I am sure that makes a huge difference to fitness. It would depend a lot on your match tactics too.

Archived