Board slightly diapointed with sale of dunne (they stepped in and overuled)

Randy Learner F*****G stepped in and took the offer from Arsenal........................

SI this sort of scenario must have happen when your testers played the game. Why are simple things like this never picked up?

I have played this game since the Atari ST (CHamp Manager days) and small things like this have always bugged me, the board would not think that after they stepped in to overule the sale!

I can't be the only one who thinks these small little points should be ironed out (and lets be honest) they easily could.

Man I am ranting today (in proper mood with this game) but it justs drags you in for more............

Randy Learner F*****G stepped in and took the offer from Arsenal........................

SI this sort of scenario must have happen when your testers played the game. Why are simple things like this never picked up?

I have played this game since the Atari ST (CHamp Manager days) and small things like this have always bugged me, the board would not think that after they stepped in to overule the sale!

I can't be the only one who thinks these small little points should be ironed out (and lets be honest) they easily could.

Man I am ranting today (in proper mood with this game) but it justs drags you in for more............

Despite your frustration, please cut out the swearing- it is not necessary

The negatives in the confidence update are mostly cosmetic, as long as you're doing an ok job. I have to admit that this did frustrate me as well but it shouldn't have much of a negative impact.

My problem is with them thinking that letting a player go who hasn't played for 2 years, was 25 and nowhere near good enough as an aberration!

I sold Nani to Sunderland, fans didn't like it but he was kicking up a fuss saying he wanted to move for first team spots after I signed Silva.

5 months later the board tells me they didn't like the deal lol... Seemed a bit daft to tell me 5 months later but ahh well what you gonna do.

I had Middlesboro make an offer for Craig Westcarr, that the board accepted as the offer was too good to turn down.

Yet, each month the board are disappointed I sold him!! I had no choice - having said that, he hadnt played a game for me and I would have sold him if I had the chance.

I had Middlesboro make an offer for Craig Westcarr, that the board accepted as the offer was too good to turn down.

Yet, each month the board are disappointed I sold him!! I had no choice - having said that, he hadnt played a game for me and I would have sold him if I had the chance.

I certainly do not like this Board overrule matters in the transfer policies. Sure, it happens in real-life, but come on!! As long as the balance sheet is in the black, there isnt any need to sell off the (MY) three best players in the team in one season. Ugh.

As an improvement though, this is a very good opportunity to improve chairman/manager interation.

For example, Team X bids for one of my main players, and board is very tempted to sell. How about having a session with the manager first like

1. I need him in the team

2. Dont sell him off untill they offer at least this amount of $$

3. Let me keep him untill the end of the season.

4. Let me do the negotiations?

Sounds like promises, but at least its step in the right direction towards making this useless/frustrating feature to a genuine/positive one.

Same thing to me, got Hereford into League One and signed Kerrea Gilbert, in January, i'm in 4th and almost certain for playoffs. Ipswich bid 750k and i refuse, then they return on the last day with £1.2m bid, board accept... player goes, february's review is that the fans see my selling of Gilber as an aberration. Got promoted via playoffs and now in Championship and the fans still think the same!!

In future versions the manager contract you sign could have clauses that you are in total control of transfers, both in and out.

In FM09 I had £100m in the bank, half of it made available for transfers, but the board decided to sell my 20-year-old wonderkid anyway for £13m (bought him for £5m or so). Brazilian who had amazing stats. He didn´t want to leave and there were no problems at all. On the last day of the transfer window too! Silly I thoughtl. Real silly. Ok if it had been a £60m deal - not 13! Why did they do that? Because they made a profit out of the transfer? There has been no inteference before or after that at all by the board. Was like a bug.. Strange.

In future versions the manager contract you sign could have clauses that you are in total control of transfers, both in and out.

In FM09 I had £100m in the bank, half of it made available for transfers, but the board decided to sell my 20-year-old wonderkid anyway for £13m (bought him for £5m or so). Brazilian who had amazing stats. He didn´t want to leave and there were no problems at all. On the last day of the transfer window too! Silly I thoughtl. Real silly. Ok if it had been a £60m deal - not 13! Why did they do that? Because they made a profit out of the transfer? There has been no inteference before or after that at all by the board. Was like a bug.. Strange.

See that just would not happen in my opinion

The negatives in the confidence update are mostly cosmetic, as long as you're doing an ok job. I have to admit that this did frustrate me as well but it shouldn't have much of a negative impact.

My problem is with them thinking that letting a player go who hasn't played for 2 years, was 25 and nowhere near good enough as an aberration!

Well, will SI get this fixed??? :(

This needs to be fixed, there always seems to be a positive and a negative to the confidence, even if you let an average reserve player go 12 months ago.

Most of the time, there shouldnt be any negatives unless there are real problems. Fans dont care if a reserve player gets sold and they certainly dont bang on about it for months. Especially if youve just won promotion or stayed in a league that you were predicted to finish bottom.

ITs not really bothering me that much - but it is rather annoying. No matter who I sell or buy people arent happy.

Some examples:

Abo Diaby - didnt play a game for 2 years, refused to go out on loan - sold for £5million (FIVE MILLION!!!) and I got a blank bar with 'thought he had something to offer the club!

Douru (ok I cant spell) - same as above

David beckham - now 37! had personal issues and wanted to return home (im arsenal, hes from london, confused me a bit!) didnt play for 6 months, let his contract run down, didnt want to sign a new one, had been on 'leave' for 3 months - left the club in the summer and again, a blank bar with 'very dissapointed given his recent performances' - he hadnt played for SIX months...

The list goes on to many many players who I released - all of whom were recommended to go by the backroom staff as being 'not good enough'

Haha. I found it amusing when my board complained all season long because I sold Benjani off at the start of the first season. I mean, it's pretty obvious that he just doesn't have the ability to play at the level City are at, and yet I do believe the word "aberration" was used. Maybe if he was favoured personnel, but really...

I too have experienced the fans being disguntled for a bit too long about a player I have sold 5, 6 maybe 7 months ago.

Something else that niggled me was when I had an insecure job at Hereford. After taking Eastliegh to the play - offs and FA Trophy final, relegated Hereford gave me their job with the expectation of promotion. After re-building the squad the team were languishing from 10th to 13th from pretty much the start of the season to when I resigned in March. From September onwards until I resigned I had the message before every game that "a bad result against ****** will seal his fate".

Now I fully expect speculation about my job but that level every game is just unreal!! Phil Brown has been on the slippery slope for a while now but in reality that phrase could only have been used in his last two matches Vs Burnley and Stoke where the papers were full of the possibility of him being sacked.

To make things worse I then took over at Havant & Waterlooville and before my first game in charge had exactly the same message!!

I know it's a bit off topic but I didn't want to open up a new thread. The little glitches only take minimal enjoyment away however, awesome game SI.

Archived