Different Player Ratings for same position

I've noticed something. When you ask your assistant's advice on what your line up should be, i.e. "Get Team Report", it gives you a page with a formation to the right and players' star ratings to the left. However, i've found players have different ratings for the exact same position.

I set my defence up with a flat back four and clicked Get Team Report. My Assistant suggested this:

Miguel - Marchena - DC - Zapata - Mathieu

In this, note Marchena is given a rating of 2.5 stars. If i view his report, it says that he is a 3 star player; and also note that he is 'Natural' in DC.

I then change the position of one of my centre backs, putting him into the centre of the three DC positions but keeping just four players in the back. My Assistant suggests this:

Miguel - DC - Marchena - Zapata - Mathieu

The same four players, of course, just with Marchena moved one position to the centre as that is how my formation is set up. The point is, he now has a 3 star rating - the rating he has on his report.

The same happens with my DM Veloso. I am set up with a 4-2-3-1 (two DM's) and my Assistant suggests this:

Toulalan - DM - Veloso

Nothing interesting with regards to that. But what is notable is that Veloso is rated as only three stars on that screen, whereas on his report he is rated as 3.5 stars. When i move one of the DM's to a central position, as i did in the DC case, the same thing happens.

DM - Veloso - Toulalan

Veloso has a rating of 3.5 stars with this set up.

Is this intentional?

Archived