I love this game because I'm not winning!!!!

I have to be honest. Since FM began I kind of find a tactic and my West Ham side always challenge for the title or Champions League. Great and enjoyable yes, but realistic .....no!!

This incarnation though without the immediate success has me drooling!!

A 2-2 home draw with Man Utd made me think, a few tweaks and easy. Then 2-0 at home to Birmingham. Two up at Bolton and 2 leaked goals in the last 10 mins was frustrating as was a 3 - 0 reverse at Tottenham. Then a 1-0 away at Stoke and a draw at home to West Brom put in perspective. This is West Ham!!!

Carlton Cole missing more than he scores, Scott Parker getting booked, a lapse in defence, a great game by Diamanti then he becomes a donkey, Dean Ashton getting injured, bad passes into touch, Matthew Upson actually getting outpaced by someone quicker. It's all West Ham!!

I love the "Coach wants to join West Ham" routine. I have signed Moniz for the first time ever. I love the hints and tips, even if you ignore them. I love the way that players actually seem to play to their strengths and weaknesses rather than all play the same and all this and I lie 10th in the table and expect a drubbing at Stamford Bridge in my next game!!

But it's now really West Ham and I wouldn't have it any other way. Well done SI..........

I love it because Level 9 football is so frustrating - I really have to think about what Im doing this time around, not plug and play...

Yep I'm finding it a little harder this year too, but I'll probably get better once I mater the new tactics system.

As for Level 9 soccer - I completely agree. Using Super Bladesman's download and I think it's the best FM experience I've ever had.

I love this game because it's FM! I've always had fun with the series doing various things, from the traditional win everything, all the way to making a top team fall from grace.

I have a game in progress with RC Warwick in Level 10. Even though I have a good moan once in awhile when things don't go well for me in FML, I've thoroughly enjoyed playing that game. If I can get them promoted to Level 9 eventually, it'll be a big time victory for me. :)

I love this game because it's FM! I've always had fun with the series doing various things, from the traditional win everything, all the way to making a top team fall from grace.

I have a game in progress with RC Warwick in Level 10. Even though I have a good moan once in awhile when things don't go well for me in FML, I've thoroughly enjoyed playing that game. If I can get them promoted to Level 9 eventually, it'll be a big time victory for me. :)

Funny you speak of RC Warwick. They finished second, behind me, and got promoted alongside me via the playoffs. So it'll be my team and RC Warwick playing Midland Alliance football next season!! :D

Yes, you really REALLY do. Having a degree in scouting helps too :D

I'm having to be very much like Sam Allardyce and wheel-deal. Bought Alex Sykes for £500 from Gloucester and Andy Ducros who came simply because my team is based in his place of bitrh :D

Nice to see positive feedbacks for once. I read that many members complain that strikers score to many goals, tackling does not work, closing down does not work, zonal marking is not working, tight marking does not work, to many long shot sreemers etc. I have not seen any of these problems. I m not football genius but SI has given us so many tools to combat all these variables, so why not using them. The fact that a players makes marking errors sometimes is nothing more than what happens in real life. In majority of time this does not happen often, at least not for me. By implementing simple measures we can combat this variables so that we reduce them to a real life level. Too many goals scored from screemers, well, add the formation which includes DM. Struggling with the trough balls, well, play deeper and use the OI. These are just some examples of what can be done to prevent that these things happens. I think the game is the most realistic version to date. Many are struggling to get mediocre teams to perform, such as West Ham, well, that's the way it should be. In the previous versions most of the members could challenge the title in the PL first seasong with Wigan, the same thing will not happand in this version, which is in high degree authentical enough.

I must confess that I find topics like this a little confusing. People are happy that FM is alot harder that they dont win. Am a West Ham fan myself and only ever play West Ham in the game but I look at it that my job is to make West Ham unbeatable and take them to the top. Ashton in mine is always injured which is def true to life and Parker was getting booked in mine so I tweaked things and so far he is calming down and is playing a blinder just behind the half way line. Way I see it is that you are trying to get the best out of these players. Every Saturday we all probably think why didnt Zola do this or do that and now we can kind of put our ideas to the test and hopefully succeed where Zola isnt.

On the topic of the tweaks that SI have done, well think they are spot on. The staff feedback is excellent and the other little extras all add to the game, sure there are still a few problems but nothing is perfect.

@Sussexhammer - how did it go at the bridge, i got killed 6-1

I must confess that I find topics like this a little confusing. People are happy that FM is alot harder that they dont win. Am a West Ham fan myself and only ever play West Ham in the game but I look at it that my job is to make West Ham unbeatable and take them to the top. Ashton in mine is always injured which is def true to life and Parker was getting booked in mine so I tweaked things and so far he is calming down and is playing a blinder just behind the half way line. Way I see it is that you are trying to get the best out of these players. Every Saturday we all probably think why didnt Zola do this or do that and now we can kind of put our ideas to the test and hopefully succeed where Zola isnt.

On the topic of the tweaks that SI have done, well think they are spot on. The staff feedback is excellent and the other little extras all add to the game, sure there are still a few problems but nothing is perfect.

Hey smudge,

I too am a fellow Hammer(bet you'd never have guessed ;)) and play the game predominantly as West Ham. I like yourself love nothing more than taking them to the very top, although i would actually prefer a slow but steady improvement season by season.

I was in London last week(i live in the NE) and got to meet Zola in the bar at the ground, he Collison and two other blokes were i think thrashing out Jacks new contract?

I apologised for my intrusion and said to Zola "i have one thing to ask, PLEEEEEEEAAAASSSSE stick with the 4-4-2?" it got a giggle around the table an a grin and a polite nod from Gianfranco, but i felt as though i might have just p*ssed him off. :o

Anyway, i cant help but feel that in FM we have been a tad shortchanged when it comes to the player quality in the West Ham squad, Green is little more than an "okay" GK, Tomkins has more ability than he is given in the game and dont get me started on Behrami and Cole.

Oh don't get me wrong I want to make the Hammers successful but not straight away, I want to work at it. That way you appreciate it more.

But yes we have been shortchanged with the players. Agreed Green ok? Cole ok? These are England internationals. As for Diamanti with a flair stat of only 12!!!!!!! Hines with pace of only 14!! Mmmm!

Archived