Player on trial bug

I've noticed a recurring issue that also happened in 09 when I take a player on trial. He seems really happy and flattered when I express an interest on him.

However, whenever I take him on trial, he does well and seems to fit in with the squad. I only ever take young players on loan, then when I see how they fare at the club, I wait until the end of the season before making my move for them. So I let them return to thier club and monitor thier progress before making a move in the summer if they continue to impress.

However whenever I try and sign them they refuse to join me, I've even checked the data in FMRTE they now hate the club for some reason.

My conclusion is that because you took them on trial yet refused to make a concrete offer for them they then dislike the club, but I find this unreasonable. I'm sure there has been real life example when a player went on trial with a club but a move hasn't materialised for some time later.

I mean a few years ago United took Freddy Adu on trial, (2007 I think)yet they never made an offer for him. SAF said he would monitor Freddy and then consider him in future, now if United made a bid for Adu in January, do you really think he would turn them down because United waited 2 years to make a move for him!

Archived