CCC's - get rid of the stat

Are there different degrees of CCC's that SI have made us unaware of?

My first game with FM10 decided I wanted to try Madrid to get used to it whilst providing me with an excellent chance of silverware.

I'm constantly creating between 4-8 CCC's per match with a forward line of Ronaldo, Jovetic, Dzeko & Villa (for my A-Team for league/CL) and Balotelli, Benzema, Negredo, Gourcuff (Cup and lower league teams at home) with a conversion rate of about 1 in 5 CCC's. Whereas my opponent converts somewhere in the region of 1:2 with far inferior players.

Now, I'm not moaning about the ME or anything like that so the fanboys have no need to shout "it's your tactics." I'm playing very aggressive tactics because I've got the team for it, so I'm happy to concede CCC's the other way because I know I should have enough in the tank.

So where does this disparity come from? why are my world class players unable to convert CCC's at the same ratio as the bottom teams? In my mind a CCC is a CCC regardless of defensive lines, notches on sliders or any of the other white noise that gets banded about on here so just what is this stat telling me, and the AI (I feel) is using it to keep my games realistically scored. I agree I'd lose interest in the game pretty quickly if I was winning 7-1 every match but I just find it a bewildering stat, that enables the AI to over compensate for my teams abilities.

So if anyone from SI could respond and let me know what a CCC is classed as, and whether there are different (behind the scenes) classifications. I'm also interested to hear the thoughts and experiences of other players who are experiencing similar issues, or those that think I'm talking out of my Arsenal.

Archived