Players refusing to come on loan...

...even though they are listed as interested in joining my club. Now I appreciate that this means they may only be willing to join on a transfer, but my Assistant Manager states that they'd be very interested in joining on loan. I therefore try different permutations, such as ! month, 3 month, whole season etc, still no joy!

My Assistant has good stats and isn't a numpty.

Anybody had similar problems? Or is there a resolution?

Thank you

I had Fabian Brandy interested in me all season and I softened him up threw the interaction and he loved me..

As soon as I got promoted to League 1 he lost all interest and went a free agent and wasnt even interested in a move to

me even though he had no club..

I had this too.

Marlon Harewood was keen on a loan from Villa to my Forest side. I agreed a fee with Villa, and then Harewood stated that he had no intention of joining Forest on loan - even though he's transfer listed, unlikely to play for Villa again, is a legend at the City Ground, and the scout advised that he would.

It only affects the human player. I'm Weston Super Mare (Conf Sth), on top of the league, but have a striker problem.

I offer to loan a 17 year old in a Conf National team's reserve squad. Once I offer, Worcester also offer to take him on loan. They're in the same league as me, but lower-mid-table. He rejects me and chooses them.

This is repeated constantly. Nobody, nobody at all, want to come on loan to the human players team, but will nevertheless go on loan to a simillar AI team.

Either its a bug or something else that SI have put in just to annoy.

What makes the loan thing worse is the parent club situation. Despite repeated attempts, and the supposed relationship between the clubs, no players from my parent club have ever come on loan. I'm Telford, original parent was Wolves, who cancelled cos it was not worth it, got Birmingham, none of their kids will come, so that will end up being cancelled. Can get kids from Shrewsbury occassionally, but thats about it!

What makes the loan thing worse is the parent club situation. Despite repeated attempts, and the supposed relationship between the clubs, no players from my parent club have ever come on loan. I'm Telford, original parent was Wolves, who cancelled cos it was not worth it, got Birmingham, none of their kids will come, so that will end up being cancelled. Can get kids from Shrewsbury occassionally, but thats about it!

I had the same when I managed to link up Ilkeston Town with Nottingham Forest. Forest only had a few players eligible to loan, all of which were flagged up as being interested, but I could only tempt one to join. During the January transfer window Aaron Mitchell was transfer listed so I placed another loan bid - the club said they wouldn't require any wages during the loan but then come back and say they require 100% of his wages!!!!!

Archived