Match engine stutter wasn't in demo

Are you running anything in the background? Are you running Time Machine at all?

I find that the more things I have running in the background, the harder FM stutters. If all I have going is Time Machine, then FM only stutters when my backup runs, and even then only when it's doing a sizeable backup because I just added something to my harddrive of a considerable size.

Also, how many leagues are you running?

edit: I'm also running 3D, and I rarely get much stuttering at all, even at its worst, so...

Are you running anything in the background? Are you running Time Machine at all?

I find that the more things I have running in the background, the harder FM stutters. If all I have going is Time Machine, then FM only stutters when my backup runs, and even then only when it's doing a sizeable backup because I just added something to my harddrive of a considerable size.

Also, how many leagues are you running?

edit: I'm also running 3D, and I rarely get much stuttering at all, even at its worst, so...

No Time Machine running.

England - Championship and above.

Spain - La Liga only.

Italy - Serie A only.

Like I said, ran demo fine (no change to my set up).

Turn the crowd/stadium off if you can do without it, it sped up my game no end. I now have no stutter whatsoever.

Using 2D match engine.

No sound either.

Stutters for me aswell in 3D occasionally,a few people have mentioned this recently.

My comp meets more then the minimum specs and it never stuttered in 09.

Nvidia 8800gtx

2 gig RAM

AMD dual core 4200+

Me too, as far as I am concerned it is a "known problem" - but I am not sure SI are taking it seriously enough, they seem to think that the usual (update Windows, Graphics Drvers, Direct X, turn off crowds, go windowed, start again on small db & only 1 countries leagues) will work - but they dont necessarily!

SI's Matt has been very helpful but I feel that we have now reached the point where all advice offered has not been conclusively sucessful.

Such a shame, the 3d ME looks great until it becomes unwatchable with the stuttering. The rest of the game is so good I have reverted to 2d (which never stutters for me) rather than return to a previous less buggy fully patched earlier FM, which is great but I feel I am missing out on so much more.

Archived