Game Manual

I don't tend to read the back of manual's, no.

An online manual is more efficient, but a bit lame if you don't have the internet or can't run multiple things while playing FM. Neither effect me, fortunately (nor do i really need to use the manual, merely curious).

I kind of disagree. The ability to produce something more comprehensive, easier to edit and to use video content to show people stuff is a good one. We've just started with the online manual - over time we'll continue to add to it and improve it.

Thanks for the reply, Matt.

Is a downloadeble pdf-version of the manual still planned? In that case: when will it be available?

I prefer to have a manual on paper instead of online: you have a much better overview.

I kind of disagree. The ability to produce something more comprehensive, easier to edit and to use video content to show people stuff is a good one. We've just started with the online manual - over time we'll continue to add to it and improve it.

What about users that don't have access to the internet?

Paper manuals are out of date. Very few people read them anyway - that's why nearly every console game has a tutorial section at the start of the game.

Online manuals are the way forward.

says who?

The least I could expect when I pay money for a game that it has a pdf-file with the manual included.

Kind of a disappointment when I saw that a game as complex as this one doesn't have it.

What's the difference between a pdf manual and online manual?

The only way you can view pdf files is by downloading something from the internet (adobe, foxit, office plugin etc) - so it might as well be online anyway if that's the case.

Imagine how much paper is being wasted printing out massive manuals for a minority of people who sit and read them.

What's the difference between a pdf manual and online manual?

The only way you can view pdf files is by downloading something from the internet (adobe, foxit, office plugin etc) - so it might as well be online anyway if that's the case.

Imagine how much paper is being wasted printing out massive manuals for a minority of people who sit and read them.

A pdf-manual is printable for those who appreciate reading it from paper, even when the computer is off, far away, not connected to the net, etc. Those who don't read it, won't print it.

I am an absolute beginner to FM. That's why I'd like to get into the game when I can simultaneously browse though the pages on my desk when having the game on screen.

Well you can print out the webpages too. Granted, not the videos.

But it's still the case that it's a gigantic waste of both paper and money to print out all these manuals when so few read them.

I don't understand. Thought we had already agreed that an attached, physical manual is not necessary - just a printable version, only for those who actually would read it.

If only those appreciating a paper-manual print the pdf: where is the waste?

I can understand FPS games not having manuals. That's because they can do the basic tutorial (press ctrl to duck under bush) and you genrally can work on from there. Although half life 2 did take the pee.

A game like fm though, in my opinion, needs to be a detailed manual that let's you sit down and read in comfort.

There's alot of stuff that people will miss out on because they don't feel comfortable Reading an online version. Or they just don't have access to it.

And that's not good when you've worked hard to add all these things in

Ya can't read an on-line manual while you sit on the throne Matt!!

Good point. And we'll leave that there, I think...:D

Thanks for the reply, Matt.

Is a downloadeble pdf-version of the manual still planned? In that case: when will it be available?

I prefer to have a manual on paper instead of online: you have a much better overview.

Far as I know, yes - I'm not in the office this week though. If you PM Ben (bcooper) he'll be able to give you an update.

Archived