finances

ok so i want to start with a lower league club like one from blue square north or south, but i always find myself losing money with any team i choose, any ideas on a way to make a profit for lower league clubs?

welcome to the forums. try getting a parent club or two. reduce wages. sell players you dont need :)

Good suggestions from lutontown :) Long experience in working my way up supports getting rid of any high wage players that are not in your first 11 (overpriced subs are something you can't afford). Look to sign players released on free from the EPL level, they are usually good enough quality and often more affordable than veteran players who demand higher wages. Loaned players at key positions (for the season if at all possible) can be a great way to bring you the quality you need to get promoted.

If you can get a mint for any of your players- do so. Even if they are the key players for you, the money you get can almost always be put to better use if you can sell them high (I am talking about well above the piddly evaluation amount). Make sure you have at least one scout who is the best you can attract to the club- that one scout will make your club better with his accurate evaluations on the levels the player can perform at in the future. In general, younger is better for the lower clubs- because it is usually cheaper.

Good Luck!

Archived